Sunday 4 October 2015

Bonjour Jolie - September 2015

          Bonjour Jolie is a period subscription box, for the details check out these posts: Bonjour Jolie - July 2015Madame Lady Bug vs Bonjour Jolie

           The theme for the September box is "De-Stress and Stay Calm" I can use all of that. I didn't receive this box until nearly the very end of the month but it was so worth the wait. I was cited about everything I received. 

Product Card


          The least exciting part but the whole point of the box is the period supplies. There are quite a variety of brands of tampons and pads to choose from, even menstrual cups. You can also choose any assortment of up to 25 products or a full box if you don't want your hygiene items handled. 


          You can also choose some items to help you survive your period. I added Advil packets, heat pads and Midol. These heat pads and Midol have saved many lives together. 


          Check out these snacks! Beast loves this box, anytime something comes in the mail he doesn't recognize he asks if it is the one with snacks. You can't go wrong with Mini M&Ms, blueberry shortbread and little buttery cakes. The Bali's Best Tea and Coffee Candies are amazing, there are latte, original iced tea and green tea flavours and each tastes exactly like each of those things. The Chimes Organic Ginger Chews took a little getting used to, they were very gingery. The mango and orange ones were much better than the original ones. 



          Yes. These teas from Yogi are amazing. I am all about receiving tea in my subscription boxes, especially since it is fall and starting to get chilly. I have had this brand before and love the Soothing Caramel Bedtime, I actually fell asleep before I could finish it on two separate occasions. 

The Gift 

Laura Geller Baked Eyeshadow in Strawberry Shortcake and Coffee Bean $24
          The product card describes these eyeshadows as highly pigmented, based on the swatches below I do not really agree with that but I do like them. I have been using the pink shade as a light, natural blush and the brown as my base eyeshadow shade. They are infused with grape seed  oil and without mineral oil or parabens. The formula is so soft and really makes my skin soft underneath the makeup. Would I pay $24 for this? No. 

The Pampering 

Tocca Bodywash in Cleopatra $4
          "A gentle cleansing wash that conditions with the natural essences of olive oil, honey, and calendula extracts. A rich lather washes cleanly, leaving even the most sensitive skin soft, supple and lightly fragranced of grapefruit and cucumber. Gluten and paraben free"
          I actually just received a luxury hand lotion in the same scent from Tocca in my September Birchbox I find the scent to be very sophisticated and fresh, the body wash is more lightly fragranced than the lotion. Normally I find this type of scented shower gel to be rather drying or it just does not rinse cleanly. I do not have either of these issues with this bodywash. I am very happy to try another product from this brand. 
   


         The value of the box before the period supplies in the first two photos is $38. If I was ambitious enough to do all the math to figure out the cost of the pads, liners, tampons, Advil, Midol etc it would really boost the value of the box. Bonjour Jolie is both practical and a treat, you are going to purchase period supplies anyway, why not have them show up at your door complete with treats, gifts and pampering items? I see no reason not to.

Thanks for reading!

A.








No comments:

Post a Comment