Friday 23 October 2015

Ipsy - October 2015


          I haven't been excited about my last few Ipsy bags but this month I was really looking forward to my bag. I also redeemed for a points item that I can not wait to try out. 

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
          I used some of my points to get this little guy and I am pretty excited about it. I love any kind of scrub and while I haven't tried it out yet it seems like it is pretty abrasive and that is perfect for me. The scrubby bits are very natural feeling, like apricot seeds. 

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Full size: $24 Sample Value: $1.60
           Every Ipster received this sample or a Meet Matt(e) Huges lip product in their bag. I always want to try new lip products but am happy I received the Mary-Lou Manizer as it is just one of the beauty products you always hear about. My highlighter game is weak but I love this, it is just a beautiful pale gold shimmer that also makes a beautiful eyeshadow. Swatched below. 

Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss in Energy  Full Size: $23 Sample Value: $4.33
          I am always excited to see a Tarte product in any subscription box, especially a lip product. This is one of those lip glosses that is supposed to react with your skins PH to make the perfect colour or some such witchcraft. Additionally this gloss is supposed to hydrate and fill in fine lines. I am sure to use this but I am not loosing my mind over it. I have a hard time finding light pink lip colours but this one does look nice. Swatched below. 

Nourish Organic Argan Face Serum  Full Size: $23.99  Sample Value: $17.74
          Another thing I love to see are skin care items. I have tried a few items from this brand and enjoyed each of them. Normally Ipsy sends me skin care items that are pretty well suited for my oily skin but this sample is for normal to dry skin. I will still be giving it a try but it is something I'll only wear at night or on days I am just sticking close to home. I tried it out quickly on the back or my hand and it does seem exceptionally moisturizing. 

Ayres Hand Cream in Pampas Sunrise Full Size: $12.50 Sample Value: $6.25
         Yet again a brand I love! I had gotten another lotion quite a few bags ago and have been rationing it out so it lasts as long as possible. This absorbs so fast, no greasiness even for a second. The scent is described as: "Lemongrass, mandarin, bergamot, patchouli and spearmint will awaken your senses, while an exotic background of cedar wood releases a musky scent." Well. There is an awful lot going on in there.  The scent is an Ipsy exclusive and I don't dislike the scent but it isn't something I would choose for myself.

Coastal Scents Xpress Line in 01 Black $2.95
          I am always looking to try out new black eyeliners. This one is awful. It smudges like it is its job (see below) and pulls when you apply it. I will probably just toss this. 



Total Value: $32.88


         Not a huge value but I am happy to play with all these items and love all of the brands in my bag. 


Thanks for reading 
A. 






No comments:

Post a Comment