Sunday 18 October 2015

Bonjour Jolie - October 2015


           Bonjour Jolie is a period subscription box that sends you a customizable combination of pads, tampons, liners and/or menstrual cups along with snacks, teas, pampering items and a gift. 
          I am not sure what is going on with this subscription, last month it arrived at the end of the month but this month it came mid-month. Also I do not always get the Midol and heating pads I added to my subscription. Maybe since I added them when I bought a three month recurring subscription I only get them in the first box of the renewed three month subscription. I do not know but what I do know is that I love this box all the same. I never have to think about if I have enough period supplies and get some fun little treats and gifts as well.
           This is my October box and I love the Halloween feel. The Theme is "At last, Chocolate" Can't argue with that. 
   


     The least exciting part but the point of the box is period supplies. I have way too many tampons and pads now so I think I am going to switch to full boxes so they are easier to store. 



          I love the cute Halloween snacks! We have some Russel Stover Chocolate Pumpkins, Das Foods Caramel Lollipops, Flips Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Goetz Chocolate Creams, and a mini Rice Crispy Treat and strawberry waffers that are not listed on the card. You can't go wrong with Russel Stover and these pumpkins were amazing, especially the salted Caramel. The suckers were just perfect sea salt caramel flavour. 


          I am all about tea now that it is chilly enough for hot liquids. At home I use loose tea but the tea bags I get from this subscription go right to my desk at work and make for great mid-afternoon pick me ups. This company has a cute story on the card. Apparently in 1942 New York Ruth Bigelow was a housewife that made tea so delicious that her friends soon began buying it from her. The same family owns the company and operated the only tea plantation still open in the USA.



          The gift: We got a makeup item for the second month in a row and that works for me. We received Tat2Lash Mascara ($16) It is a decent mascara, lengthening without clumping and does not smudge as the day goes on. Nothing life changing but I will certainly use it.
         

           Pampering: As usual we have super handy Advil packets and some cleansing cloths to keep your business fresh. We also received two items from the Gilchrist and Soames BeeKind Collection ($4) At first I was not thrilled with the packaging but after I picked them I realized that the cardboard containers were quite thick and on the back it says that the packaging is a 92% reduction in waste compared to plastic. I have yet to use the shower gel but the body lotion is lovely. The lotion absorbs almost immediately without any stickiness, leaves a very light scent. I really like this lotion but I have so many subscription boxes I will never need to purchase lotion for as long as I live. A portion of the proceeds from sales of those products go to support honey bee and sustainable pollination research. 

         
          The value of this box without the period supplies is about $28 and with a three month subscription I pay about $22 a month. Well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for reading!
A.






No comments:

Post a Comment