Friday 23 October 2015

Empties #6 Summer/Fall 2015

            I am the worst at empties posts, I love using them up but just never manage to get the posts up. 


          An empties post would not be complete without Bath and Body Works, I love the three wick candles, they are just so strongly scented and burn so nicely. I used up Summer Boardwalk that smelled like caramel and candy, Fresh Water and Sea Salt that was just such a nice, fresh scent and Twisted Peppermint that was a very strong and lovely peppermint scent. I will be looking for another Twisted Peppermint when they bring out the winter scents. The two foaming hand soaps are Honolulu Sun that was a very tropical, coconut type scent and Sunshine & Lemons that is a perfect kitchen soap.



           I used up two different face wipes, neither was amazing but the Quo ones were decent for make up removing. For a review of the Clinique Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser and Clarifying Lotion read this post.



          I am all about exfoliating and used up two body scrubs the top one was not my favourite, it was very oily and did not rinse very well. The Bonjour Jolie Organic Body Scrub was lovely, the scent was amazing! I do not enjoy most Pina Colada Scents as they just smell so chemically but this smelled like the actual drink. This scrub was also oily but it was a lot easier to rinse off.



          I love the Mitchell and Peach lotion, it just felt so luxurious and I am sad to see it go. That is not the case with the Jergens Soothing Aloe Relief lotion, I just was not a fan and decided it was just taking up space. I found it did not absorb well and just did not moisturize well enough to make up for that. 

\

          I was not expecting much from the Well People Mascara as it was all natural and I had never used a mascara with only natural ingredients. I ended up really liking it, my lashes were long and it did not smudge or flake. This is an excellent mascara for everyday use. The packaging gets very dirty and is impossible to clean off. The Maybelline Fit Me concealer is something I have repurchased a couple times and really enjoy it. The next item I have had for a disgusting amount of time, it is a loose shadow from La Senza that I was given by a friend when I first started wearing makeup in university. It was well past time for it to go. I used a set of Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels from Skyn Iceland that I received from Birchbox I think. I am not super excited when I get these in a subscription box but they are a fun pampering item.



          I am so glad to use up some hair care items since I have SOOOO many different items. The first is a sample of No 4 Clarifying Shampoo, I loved this little guy. It was from Birchbox I believe. It took all the styling buildup off my hair and smelled amazing, the only downfall was that it was quite difficult to lather, Another Birchbox sample is Fekkai Shampoo, I have tried other items from this brand and have never been impressed. This shampoo was OK but I would not purchase it. This seems to be a theme but the 12 Benefits is another Birchbox sample, it is supposed to be all kinds of helpful and just a general conditioner and hair treatment. I liked it well enough but I doubt I would buy it, I also have another sample of it that I keep in my desk at work for bad hair days or static. I have bought a few bottles of the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Conditioner, it is my usual summer conditioner as I just wash my hair and let it dry for the beachy waves look. I will buy this again once it is warm enough to walk out the door with damp hair.




          I occasionally get a single box from Little Life Box and one of the items I received was this Pure laundry soap that is a more natural option and I really liked it. It was just as effective as my normal soap and had a great light scent to it. If I saw this in store I would switch to using this exclusively. I also used up two little bottles of cleanser for gel polish, I would say I preferred the Quo one, it just seemed to work a little better. I also used up some supplements the CLK was a metabolism booster that I did not find did much for me but I also did not use it as it was directed so I can not really say anything about it. I used up my GNC Women's Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism vitamins. 


          Hopefully I can be better about posting empties, judging by my basket of empties I should get working on another post soon.

Thanks for reading!
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment