Sunday 18 October 2015

Birchbox Canada - October 2015



          This month Birchbox partnered with an organization called Look good, Feel Good that helps Canadian women with cancer feel beautiful and confident. The US Birchbox partnered with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I like that they chose a Canadian organization rather than just go with the US for all boxes.
            Also on our information card is a "Beauty PSA" that informs us that us Canadian subscribers will be able to take part in sample choice that they have offered in the US for a while. I also believe that we are going to be able to choose curated boxes based on this video by Tati Westbrook of Glam Life Guru. I will be choosing the curated box as I am a huge fan of Tati and want to support her. I am glad to see that they are bringing some of the perks available in the US to Canada.


             I was looking forward to my Birchbox this month and I was happy to see that I had a little bonus sample of conditioner to match the shampoo received. Let's get into it:

ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick in Stiletto Full Size $17 Trio for $23
Highly-pigmented colour that glides on effortlessly, hydrating lips without the hassle of touch-ups.
         This is RED lipstick, it is certainly season appropriate. I have not worn it for a long time but it does go on smooth, dries without drying out my lips and really feels like I am not wearing lipstick at all. I do feel like it makes my teeth look a little yellow so I am pulling out the white strips before I wear this again.



Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Full Size $26  Sample Value $3.25
Best-selling elixir that locks in colour, protects from heat damage, and adds silkiness.
          Beauty Protector is a common brand featured in Birchboxes but this is the first item I have received. I have heard so many rave reviews about this product, especially the scent. I am not a huge fan of the scent but as far as detangling it works wonderfully. My hair was left soft and manageable. I have been looking for a heat protectant so this is something I am looking forward to trying this out.

Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo Full Size $28  Sample Value $8.25
Enriched with olive oil and rice protein, this formula smooths frizzed-out and tangle-prone hair.
Bonus: Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner Full Size $32 Sample Value $1.54
           I was a little skeptical about this shampoo working for me, the bottle says it if for frizzy and coarse hair. While my hair can be frizzy it is quite fine rather than coarse. I am not 100% sold on it until I use it for a while to see if it builds up on my hair but the two times I have used it people have stopped me mid sentence to comment on how good of a hair day I was having. If you have coarse, frizzy, dry hair I really think you should try this shampoo and conditioner.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Full Size $28 Sample Value $2.60
A makeup artist fave, the French moisturizer heals dryness and preps skin for foundation.
          This seems like a small sample but you need so little that it is actually a decent amount of product. I am often guilty of not putting on moisturizer on under my makeup since I have such oily skin but this absorbs so quickly and just leaves my skin so smooth. If I choose the curated box by Tati I will get another sample of this product.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara Full Size $32 Sample Value $15.06
Water-resistant formula that curls, adds volume, and has major staying power.
           I was hoping for this sample when I saw some spoilers since the packaging is so different from most mascaras and has a curved brush. I do find that it curls my lashes more than most other mascaras, makes them very long and defined and really does have some serious staying power. Would I pay $32 for it? Absolutely not, it was a decent mascara but does not compare to others around the same price point.



Total Value: $46.16


          Pretty decent value in this Birchbox, plus the bonus item is another 10 points for reviewing and that works out to a dollar in the Birchbox shop. I am seriously considering using the my points to get the complete LOC collection by Tati.



Thanks for reading!
A.




No comments:

Post a Comment