Sunday 8 February 2015

Bonjour Jolie - January 2015

          I first saw this period box on Ashley Elizabeth's YouTube channel and decided to give it a try. The box costs $16 and shipping to Canada is $8.50. You can make requests when ordering and change your preferences when needed if you subscribe. I also ordered a period box from Madame Ladybug. I will link that post below and put up a comparison post as well. Here we go:

            This box includes:

      • 25 feminine items
      • feminine wipes
      • bath and body pampering items
      • specialty teas and drinks
      • Artisan confections
      • a special gift
      • Advil if you need it



         At opening the package looks really well put together, nice and neat. 




          The blue package is all your requested period supplies. They have quite a variety to choose from. You can mix and match or you can pick a sealed box which is a really nice feature in case you do not want people handling your hygiene products. You can pick up to 25 items. 




          To explain all the other items you get this little card with a description and price for each item. 





           The next bag is the Pampering Bag. I got two feminine wipes, a life saving heat pad, two packets of Advil (if you requested it) a bath gel, lotion and hand sanitizer all from Bath and Body Works. The lotion is in Coconut Lime Verbena and is not a very strong smelling lotion but rather a fresh smelling sort of lime scent. The bath gel is in White Citrus and I actually have the body spray in this scent and love it. Again just a light fresh scent. The hand sanitizer is Vanilla Berry Sorbet and smells heavenly. I used it as a perfume the first couple days after I got it. Once I use up some body washes I already have I will be looking for this scent in some bath products. Not counting the heating pad, wipes or Advil this bag has a value of $4.75. 




          The oh so important snack bag is next. It is worth about $4.50. There were more Sunkist snacks originally but I opened this at a friends house and they disappeared as I was laying everything on the counter for photos. I think there were five to begin with. The Caramello bar didn't last long either, I've never seen this bar before but it is pretty much a Caramilk bar therefore it is delicious. The Chocolate Almond and Sea Salt granola bar had me a little hesitant but it was also yummy and actually quite filling. Last thing was the tea. I love that there were so many, not an expensive item but I liked getting to try five different flavours without having to buy whole boxes. Even the flavours I didn't think I would like (mixed citrus, mixed berry) were great. My least favorite was the mixed berry and the best was the Rooibos and Cinnamon. 





          The last bag is the Special Gift item. It is a Blue Swarovski Crystal Pendant Necklace from New Zealand. The website for which is radiancejewellries.co.nz. This is valued at $30 so that is over the cost of the box plus the shipping to Canada. 



           I am really glad I ordered this box, not just for the fact that I don't need to go buy period supplies anytime soon.  I have worn the necklace quite a few times, the pampering items get lots of use and all the snacks are long gone. The packaging and card looked professional and neat. Having descriptions and prices for each item was a plus. The heating pad and wipes were not on the card but from the videos I have seen it looks like they include those every month. If the heating pad comes every month that is a huge selling point for me. Those things are not cheap but can save a life on those terrible crampy days. The little bags everything comes in also can be reused for so many things. I am going to use them for Christmas presents and other gift bags. 

         As for subscribing to this I don't know that I would, simply because I don't need that much in terms of period supplies but it is something I would certainly consider getting as a little treat now and again. I was impressed by this box.

Links:

Thanks for reading!
A.




No comments:

Post a Comment