Friday 13 February 2015

Products I Want to Use Up - February 2015




          I have so many candles and I just bought three of the new scents from Bath and Body Works so I am forcing myself to use these ones up before I start burning the new ones regularly. From right to left I have Pumpkin Spice, Bergamont Woods, Fireside, Clean Linen, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. I have the Pumpkin Spice on a candle warmer now but I think the scent is mostly gone as it does not seem to be putting out much of a scent. Maybe I am just used to the wonderful candles from Bath and Body Works. The Fireside candle is amazing and I may put it aside for next fall/winter so I can fall completely in love with it again. I really want to use up my fall/winter scents before I pull out the spring/summer candles so I do not have to store them. Not that winter is showing any signs of easing as we have a blizzard on the way in a couple days.






          I have had this L'Oreal toner for YEARS, I rarely use toner just because I an lazy. I think I can use this up fairly quickly if I actually remember to use it. The toner is a good product, my skin does feel clearer and smoother after using it. 
          I want to use the Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser because I have two bottles that are almost empty. I do like this cleanser but I have not been using it much as I have fallen head over heels for the Charcoal Cleanser from Biore. I use the Tea Tree Cleanser once a week or if my skin breaks out heavily as it is a good product to use to clear up blemishes however it is a little drying for dry winter skin. Because I was so impressed by the cleanser I bought the Tea Tree Gel for blemishes. I do not like it at all. I do not find it does anything for me at all. I am sure it is slightly beneficial so I will use it up but I will not repurchase. 



          Something else I have a foolish amount of is perfume. I do not think I will really "use up" the Bath and Body Works products, they are more so a product I want to focus on. Each scent is lovely and I do not want them to go bad. The White Citrus is a clean, fresh scent that is almost masculine but still flirty enough to be feminine. The Merry Marshmallow is a lovely holiday scent, sweet and light. One of my favorite winter scents. I do not know how much progress I will make as I can not wear scents to work but we will see. The little sample I got from Sephora (I think) and is the Dolce perfume from Dolce and Gabbana. It smells so sophisticated, I wish I had somewhere fancy to wear it but for now it works great with my jammies.



          Here we have a couple moisturizers. The first is a sample from Cailyn Cosmetics and I love their lip colours. This is the Water Drops Cream and is a very light, quick absorbing face cream. At first I though it would not take too long to use as it is a little sample tube but has lasted much longer than I first thought it would.
          The Julep Rock Star Hand Cream was in my last products to use up post and I have not really made any progress. It is a lovely cream, Julep has a long complicated  description of why it is the be all end all of hand creams. I like the scent but it is rather strong and perfumey so I do not bring it with me so I forget I have it sometimes.



          This GOSH lipstick in Cappuccino was the very first nude lip colour I ever bought and likely one of the first lipsticks I had ever bought; which is kind of gross but I am over it. It is a nice colour and so creamy and moisturizing. I only stopped using it because I moved on to other colours and it got buried in my collection.
           The little pot is a sample from K&N Body Butter that I got from Madame Ladybug. This is a terrible body butter, it is oily and grainy at the same time. I washed my hands immediately after I put it on. This makes an excellent lip conditioner though, I can't decide if is that is gross or not but that is what I am using it for. It is Candy Cane scented and instantly makes dry winter lips feel conditioned and smooth. 




          I am pretty sure I have mentioned the Elizabeth Mott It's So Big mascara before. It is my everyday mascara and is just so lovely. You can use one layer for your everyday look or put a couple more coats for extra length and thickness. I have a back up and this one is getting close to its expiry date.



          This Protein BB Cream is from an Ipsy bag and while it did not transform my hair into a magical mane it is a a solid hair product. I use it to fight frizz and I find it helps keep style when I wear it straight.



           This is just a simple hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. I am not a fan of the scent and I have others that I prefer so this got pushed to the back. It was in my last products to use up post, not much progress and I am not overly optimistic I will make much progress before my next post.


Thanks for reading!
A.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment