Thursday 26 February 2015

Empties #2 February 2015


          I am so proud of how many candles I used up! I have another Cinnamon Crisp that I am working on and a larger Vintage Linen Kicking around somewhere. I want to use up some old candles before I start on the three new ones I just bought. 




          I used up two shampoos that have been kicking around for quite some time. The Garnier Fructis Clean Mint Fresh and the Marc Anthony regularly and it did give me a bit of volume without leaving a bunch of junk behind. When my hair did feel weighed down I used the Frutis shampoo and it gently removed all the yuckies. I will buy both again when I need shampoo.
          Actually Beast just mentioned he wants a shampoo that rinses clean and doesn't leave build up so I recommended the Garnier. That is how you save money on shampoo, people. 




          This hair dye is my new favourite thing. I used to box dye my hair all the time until it got so fucked up that I needed professional intervention. Since then I've been getting it done at the salon. Since my hair has gotten quite long it's gotten foolishly expensive so I figured I'd give the box another try and Target had this on sale. This is amazing stuff, so easy it is like falling off a log. You just squish the foam all over and it doesn't drip, covers everything and has more than enough product in it. My hair was nipple length (because that's how normal people measure hair length) last time I used it and I had some left over when my hair was fully saturated. I will go back to dying my own hair and only use this brand. 
          I finally used up this Dove Dry Shampoo, I don't use dry shampoo often but I like to have it around for times that I use too much product, miss some conditioner in my rinse or want to run errands with out showering first. I've tried a few different kinds and I have liked this one best and it is pretty cheap. 




          Two whole body scrubs, all gone. The first is one of my absolute favorite scrubs, Bath and Body Works Stress Relief with eucalyptus and spearmint. Amazing. I swear you use this and you are just like "Ok. This I nice, I'm kinda relaxed."  Use the whole collection and it's equivalent to a bottle of wine without the headache the next day. The scent is just exactly how a body scrub should smell. The little bits are different sizes and possibly walnut, it lathers nicely from a cream. Love. Love. Love. 
          The second is also from Bath and Body Works, the Artisan Collection in Lemon Pomegranate Cream. Also a great scrub as it has pretty much the same texture. The smell was pleasant, it was natural and fresh smelling. I find a lot of lemon scents smell chemically but this just smells like lemons and pomegranate. 




          The is a Buff Lip Scub I got in a Maven box from Julep. I hate dry skin on my lips, I am constantly wiping at my lips so this was a cool product to try out. I enjoyed it when I was using it but I won't buy it. I mean who really needs that?




          I know these two were in my products I want to use up post, I really tried to focus on these ones and tada! 
          The Pür Big Look Mascara was something I got from an Ipsy bag and I really enjoyed it. I wish I had taken a photo of the brush because it has a separate little group of bristles at the end that are just phenomenal at grabbing little baby lashes and lashes in the corners of your eyes. This mascara was not only waterproof but apocalypse proof, I walked to work in a rain and snow storm and no running whatsoever. 
         The other item I used up is Maybelline's Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation. I got this forever ago and found it wasn't the best foundation for my oily skin so it disappeared into my collection. I started using it again for light coverage when running errands or going to the gym, then I found it worked pretty well as a light summer foundation when combined with BB cream. I would not buy this full price but if it was on a decent sale I would snatch it up. 




          This loose tea came in a Little Life Box and was my favorite thing. So delicious, it was like drinking dessert. It was only ten grams but I got quite a few cups out of it. I am keeping this package on my desk so that the next time I can justify spending the money I will order more. So good. 



That's all for now but I am on a rampage of using up products so I hope it will not be too long before I post another bunch of things I've used up. 



Thanks for reading!
A. 






No comments:

Post a Comment