Sunday 8 February 2015

Julep Maven Box February 2015

         I have been skipping my Julep boxes just because I have so much nail polish already and it is more money than I want to spend on something I wont use. Each box is 19.99 USD and shipping is free. There also upgrades to your box for different prices. The box I got was The Maven's Choice which was an additional $5 on top of the regular price so it ended up being $24.99 USD. There have been a lot of changes since I signed up in 2013 and I haven't really kept up on all of them. I know that I can skip as many boxes as I want so I just keep skipping every month unless something catches my eye. I am not sure if this option is still available, I know for a while it was not available for new Mavens. There are different tiers for subscriptions now as well. I will link the website in case you want to check it out. 
         


           I decided to get this box because I already have the Almond Nude lip colour in the Plush Pout Crayon and I wanted to try the pink. Also the Night Mask sounded interesting so I figured I would actually get this box. 




         The Night Shift Mask is $34 or $27.50 if you are a Maven, already the cost of the box right here. According to the website it reaches deep to stimulate cell turnover and renewal, has a clinically proven peptide blend that works to retexturize your skin and  sodium hyaluronate works with botanical extracts (including the Power Cell Complex that sounds like Julep just totally made up) to deliver maximum moisture. I have only used it once but I will continue to use it even if it only gets me to remove my makeup before bed. I did notice my skin was soft and fresh in the morning and even though I only used it the once I think with repeated use it could really be beneficial. 






         This is the Orbital Eyeshadow in Earthshine which is $14.40 and it does not seem to have a Maven price. Originally I was not excited for this item simply because I have so many eyeshadows already but I tried it out and it makes for the perfect crease shade. It is described as "tree bark with chrome pearlescence" so points for that fucked up description Julep. I certainly would not pay even close to $14.40 for this but I will use it often, it works quite well with a lot of the shadows in my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. 




           Next is the Plush Pout Crayon in Aurora Pink. $16 Maven or Not. This is described as a "Full coverage lip crayon with a moisturizing treatment core in the middle" I don't know if I would call this full coverage but I do like it. I wear it a little more sheer than the photos on the website just because I feel like it I put it on too thick it settles into the lines on my lips. It feels like a lip balm to put on and apparently also has the "Power Cell Complex" in it with age defying, skin boosting, ultra hydrating ingredients. "Rosehip seed oil delivers essential nutrients to sooth and repair. Malvaceae Lipid Extract improves barrier function so skin retains moisture. Green coffee bean oil invigorates skin and promotes cell turnover." Well ok then Julep. It's pretty, it's pink and I don't need a mirror to put it on. Done. I wouldn't buy it at $16 but the boxes it comes in I always consider. 




        Included in every box was this Hartleigh nail polish, a holographic glitter top coat. Priced at $14.00 or $11.29 if you are a Maven. There was also a little note from Jane Park the founder of Julep saying thank you for being a Maven. I don't usually like these kind of top coats because I find it hard to get the glitter and little hearts even but this is a cute touch for Valentine's Day. Again wouldn't pay that price for it. Not even close. 


        So the value of this box comes out to $78.40 or $69.10 if you are a Maven. Julep products are certainly a little pricey but I have found some great products in the past. I love the pencil eyeliner, the Ta Da quick dry drops, the Mint Condition pedicure cream, the Gylcolic hand scrub and the Rock Star hand cream. Julep is certainly not for someone on a budget.  

Check it out for yourself: www.julep.com 

Want to sign up? Feel free to use my link ;)  https://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/307362/


Thanks for reading!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment