Saturday 7 March 2015

Target Haul - March 2015


          As I am sure everyone knows Target Canada is closing. I am so horribly upset about this, I love Target. I was always finding great deals on makeup and home items. Unfortunately I am trying to be a responsible adult and pay off some debt instead of shopping so I am not taking full advantage of the clearance sales. I have been picking up a few things here and there, like items I have wanted to try but did not want to pay full price for. 





          Chesapeake Bay Candle in Lavender, Chamomile and Blue Sage
                I am obsessed with lavender lately. I have so many lavender scents I use before I go to bed, to bathe with and I have been keeping my room heavily scented in lavender. It helps me relax and I fall asleep instantly. I think this candle was 30% off or so. I do not need much incentive to buy candles so I just picked it up. I only started burning it when I started this post. It is a very light scent, at least the lavender does. I like my candles to be strong enough to choke an asthmatic so it is not blowing my mind but it is nice. I have not tried any layer candles and am looking forward to smelling what happens when it gets to the next layer.

          Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin
                According to the box it is anti-shine, minimizes the look of pores, evens, hydrates and brightens. I saw this at Walmart and it was maybe $19 and there was no way I was paying that for a BB cream, I just wont. When I went to Target I caved because it was marked down and then 30% off, I got light/medium because I have the complete lack of tan that any respectable Atlantic Canadian woman should. I was worried it would still be too dark but it blends nicely. I have not tried many BB creams because my oily skin just eats it up or it makes me look shiny. I wore this once for errands and around the house. It delivered on the anti-shine and pore minimizing and lasted for hours which is hours longer than most of the BB creams I have tried. I will see how I feel about it over time with more use but at this exact moment I am pretty impressed which kind of sucks because I do not want to pay $20 for a BB cream. 

          Secret Aerosol Antiperspirant in Baby Powder
                This was super cheap, like $2-$3 so I picked some up. Honestly I do not remember to use this in the morning so I do not know how it would stand up to the day. I mostly use it before bed, on my days off around the house or if I am already smelly and do not want to actually shower. Yea, I am a disgusting person. At least I cover up the smell I guess. 

           All About Feet Peppermint Sugar Scrub
                I do not really use foot specific scrubs but this smelled so amazing I could not put it down. It was about $6. I use it on my whole leg before and after shaving, the peppermint and spearmint leaf oil really moisturizes quite well. Not as abrasive as I generally prefer my scrubs but the peppermint oil is amazing. I really did not need this but Beast will get some use out of it too so it will not go to waste for sure.





          Listerine Total Care Mouthwash for Sensitive Teeth
                Its mouthwash. For sensitive teeth. 

          J.R. Watkins Naturals Lotion Devotion Kit
               I have been eyeing this kit since Target opened here. It was 30% off $12.99 and the very last one. It has five 1oz bottles of lotion, Aloe & Green Tea, Lavender, Lemon Cream, and Mango Hand and Body Cream and Peppermint Foot Cream. The foot cream went right to Beast, he will get more use out of it than I. These lotions are all very natural and the natural scent comes out in all of them just under the named scents. I would not typically purchase a lotion in either Lemon Cream and Mango but I love both of them. I can not stop rubbing my hands, the lotion is so thick and moisturizes so intensely. There is a list of like nineteen things that are not in this lotion, all of which I am assuming are bad, the ingredients are all flower extracts and different oils. My only complaint is the packaging, the little bottles just have screw off caps and the lotion is so thick it is impossible to get out. I have the bottles lined up on my desk all upside down and I can hold them upside down without a cap and it still does not come out.

          Clio Necklace
                This is just a $15 statement necklace, nothing fancy. I got it for just over $5, a lot of the outfits I wear to the office in the winter are black sweaters over black tank tops and black leggings so it will help inject some color into my look.

          John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss For Cool Brunettes
               I had not seen this product before which is surprising as I spend a fair amount of time looking at hair products. This is six weekly in-shower treatments meant to boost color and remove red-orange tones in three minutes. I used this right after I bought it and while my hair is not completely dry yet I do think it refreshed my colour somewhat. This product will certainly extend the time I am happy with my hair colour and I am really happy I picked this up for $7. I do not know how much this normally is but I would pay more for it. After shampooing and conditioning like normal you squeeze all the excess moisture out of your hair and saturate your hair with this gel, leave for three minutes and you have soft, fresh looking hair without any build up or residue. Huge fan, love this. I was just rereading the box and it lists which shades of the John Frieda hair dyes along with other major brands this gel works with. My brand is not listed but that is really a neat thing for them to do. I assume there are different colors of this product.

          Thymes Essentials French Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub
               This is another company I have been eyeing for a while, I seem to be gravitating towards more natural products without any real conscious effort to do so. It goes well with the lavender obsession. This is such a lovely, natural smelling and feeling product. It exfoliates and moisturizes really well but again not as abrasive of a scrub as I would normally prefer but I really enjoy this.

          Scrunci Hair Clip
                I guess this haul is all about dreams coming true because this was ANOTHER item I had been thinking about buying for sometime.It is magic, I twist my hair up and the clips hold it firmly in place without pinching or pulling. This scientific advancement lays flat on your head so you can lay down with it on, as an extremely lazy individual that is so very exciting for me. I am going to wear it at the office tomorrow and I really hope that by the end of the day I still love it rather than taking my hair down as soon as I walk out the door. I guess it is normally about $10, I paid $7 and it is so worth it.


Thanks for reading!
A.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment