Tuesday 10 March 2015

Julep Maven - March 2015

     

          I have been skipping most of my Julep boxes lately but the last couple months have been really good. Click here to check out my February box. I was really looking forward to this one, I just got it today and wanted to post about it right away. 


         It came packaged nicely with the little treats as usual. The little paper crinkles are kind of annoying if they escape the box but it makes for safe shipping and look cute. This month I picked the Modern Beauty box. 

$16.00/$12.80 Maven Price

          The product above is the main reason I decided to get the box instead of skip this month, the Get In Line invisible lip liner. Genius. I always want to wear lip liner but who has matching lip liners for all their lip sticks? Then when your lipstick fades you have liner..lines? Whatever you call them I'm not interested. It goes on creamy and totally clear, I am excited to try this out tomorrow. I have a couple lip colours that feather badly but are such great colours and if this product fixes that the box was worth every penny. The box says it is waterproof, prevents fading, feathering and hydrates. If it does all this it will certainly end up in a Top 5 post. 



$20.00/$16.00 Maven Price

          I was not overly excited about the Fluid Eye Glider, I have said it once and will say it again: I am horrible with liquid eyeliner. This one has me cautiously optimistic, the tip is very short and easy to control. It dries very quickly and says it lasts for 12 hours. There are a couple shakey swatches on my hand (I'm left handed, give me a break) and I really enjoy that you can easily do a really fine line or put it on a little heavier. Chances are I will end up using this a couple times and getting frustrated with my incompetence but I am excited to try it out all the same.



$22.00/$17.50 Maven Price


          This completely sold me on the box, lip products are my weakness. I chose the happy hour shade of the Light on Your Lips Full-Coverage Creme Lipstick. It is a beautiful bright pink colour and is another product that contains Julep's age defying Power Cell Complex™. It goes on smoothly, moisturizes lightly and best of all it fades evenly as you wear it, almost leaving a stain behind. I hate lip colours that fade all patchy and leave the outer lines of your lips with colour. The lip liner and lipstick from this box could be an amazing combination. Another fun feature is the packaging of the lipstick, it has magnets that keeps the cap on extra tight so it seems like it will hold up when tossed in a purse.



$34.00/$27.50

          I got Night Shift Sleeping Mask as an add on for ten dollars, considering it is so expensive normally, ten bucks is a deal I couldn't pass up. I use this as part of my nightly routine. Click here for a review and the rest of my nighttime beauty routine.

Total cost of box and add ons: $29.98

Total value of the box: $82.00/$73.80 / Maven Price

** all prices in USD

          I am pleased with the value of this box and feel like all the products received are good quality and will be used often.

          Want to sign up to be a Maven: Become a Maven 



Thanks for reading!
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment