Tuesday 17 March 2015

Ipsy March 2015


          When I first saw the video Ipsy put out I wasn't overly excited for this month but that might just be because I don't like the videos because I was pleasantly surprised. 



          Not loving the bag itself, but I think it could grow on me. I like that I got a variety of products, some makeup, a skin care type item and a hair product.

Marsk Mineral Eye Shadow in Lucky Penny 
     Received full size 0.04oz $22.50

          This was the item I was least excited for. I do not like loose pigments at all I just find they are a big mess and I never use them. That being said the colour of this is beautiful, is quite build able and once it sets it seems like it would last. I am looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. Swatch below) 

Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Creme Oil
     Full size 4.2oz $22.95, received 1oz $5.46

          I always love a hair product, I have had products from this line before and I loved them. This is a blow dry creme with argan oil that is supposed to be a lightweight, moisturizing creme ideal for fine or normal hair. I prefer hair products meant for fine hair as they do not weigh my hair down or leave as much buildup. This was the item I was most excited about, I would be happy with a whole bag of hair products. it also smells amazing.

Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Anti-aging Mattifying Lotion
     Full size 1.7oz $60, received 0.26oz $9.18

          I will take Dr. Brandt products every single month. Mostly because there is no way I will ever pay that much for them even though they are worth the insane price. The tube is only about half full which is disappointing but the primer from Dr. Brandt I got in a previous bag lasted 17 times longer than I expected so I am not overly upset. 

NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Little Suzie
     Received full size $6

          I was hoping to get the dark purple lip colour because I have so many pink lip colours already but the more I look at this in the mirror the more I love it. It reminds me of the Butter Lip Butter in Parfait but with more staying power. It just goes on so smoothly and it does not feel like you have a heavy lipstick on. Once I use up some of my lip colours/go through them to get rid of the ones I do not like I will buy some other shades of this line. Swatch below.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter
     Recieved full size $18

          I was looking forward to this product as I am just starting to play with highlighting and contouring. It was much larger than I thought it would be so that was a nice surprise. The product goes on so smoothly and blends like a dream. I can not wait to use this and I hope to make it part of my regular makeup routine. Swatch below.


Swatches

          Overall I am really happy with my bag, I will use almost everything. I do not know if i will really use the Marsk shadow but it is a nice product. Everything else I well absolutely use, a good month for sure. 

Total value: $61.14

Thanks for reading!
A.




No comments:

Post a Comment