Saturday 31 January 2015

Madame Ladybug December 2015


          This is the first "Period Box" I have ever ordered. It is a neat concept, why not order yourself a treat to make you feel better during your period? This is from Madame Ladybug. You can pick three different "Ladyboxes" Flo Control at $18, Pamper Me at $25 and Ultimate Indulgence at $33. Shipping to Canada is $14. I got the Pamper Me box and it includes:
      • 30 feminine items
      • 6 snacks
      • tea bags and drinks
      • 2 Advil packets
      • a surprise gift
      • bonus items





          The package comes with a little paper that looks like it was printed off someone's home computer. It has everything listed along with the price of some items but not all of them. 




         First bag has all the period supplies. I got pads because sometimes I just do not want things shoved up my vagoo. Women actually judge you if you go into a store ang buy tampon. I'm sorry soccer mom extraordinaire why is it your business what I have going on in my underwear? Moving on... It also came with some liners, Summers Eve feminine wipes, a couple scentsy bags and Advil. Period supplies in a period box, imagine. 








          Next are the snack and chocolate bags. Clearly the most important during this trying time. There was a cheap little felt stocking for the chocolates, caramels and candy canes but it was a cute touch. It was all delicious, the high points were the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookie. Previous to this package I thought all hot chocolate was the same, oh how wrong I was. I made the Swiss Miss with water but tasted like it was made with milk, so creamy and with foam on top too. The cookies tasted like they really came out of a Grandma's oven, I was fascinated by the fact that it came from a package and still tasted so good. Now it wasn't as good as my Grandmother's (don't call her Grandma) but they were really good. When I told Beast I was getting a couple period boxes he was quite excited, he knew from all the YouTube videos I've watched that it came with snacks. 





           This smelled amazing! I was very excited to use it, I love all things minty and this smelled quite strong. It was in one of those little jewelry bags which just seems like foolish packaging for bath salts. It really lost a lot of the scent once it was in the bath but it was nice all the same. 






          This also smelled like Candy Canes and was a little $1 sample of body butter from K&NBodyButter  I did not really like it as a body butter, it doesn't spread well and just kind of sits on your skin. However as a lip conditioner it is amazing. I keep it by my bed to combat dry winter lips and is great to put on first thing in the morning, refreshing. 




        The gift item was this necklace at a value of $16.95. The name is not listed on the paper so I have no idea where it is from which is kind of annoying if someone really liked it and wanted to look at other pieces. At first glance I was not really impressed by it but I found a gold rope chain I never wear, put the pendant on that and have actually worn it a couple times. I barely have any gold jewelry so it's nice to mix it up. 





         Overall the box was ok, the snacks were the best part and I will use the period supplies eventually but I would not subscribe. It seems a little cheap and the box was all banged up when I got it. Plus the $14 shipping once it gets to Canada is just not worth it.

                 More about Madame Ladybug
          
           Madame Ladybug offers many different kinds of boxes besides the Ladyboxes. You can also get snack boxes, a Sweet Pause box for menopause or you can pick and choose items to BYOB. 
           To check it out go to www.madameladybug.com 
           To see what is in a Ultimate Indulgence Box check out Ashley Elizabeth on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h07FBKvdtSU 



         I have a period box coming from Bonjour Jolie soon and will review that as well and compare the two.

Thanks for reading! 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment