Friday 23 January 2015

Ipsy - January 2015


           Mechanical Eye Pencil by Hikari cosmetics
           In Storm (slate gray) $13
           
           Originally I was quite excited to receive this item, I do not have any gray eyeliner and you can never have too many eyeliners. You just can not. The formula is not the best, it takes a pretty heavy hand to really build any color. I would not recommend this, especially not to anyone with sensitive eyes. I will continue to use it because once I finally got some color from the eyeliner it was a nice gray color without being a sparkly silver.

         Be Good. Good Day, Day Moisturizer by LA Fresh Eco-Beauty.
         Full size 1.7oz $40, received 0.5oz $11.60

         Not a super exciting product but I love getting lotions and moisturizers. This one came in a little packet but had the lovely feature of still having a twist off cap. I have used it a couple times and it has not rocked my world but it is a good moisturizer, it absorbs quickly and does not feel heavy on my face. 

       Mojito Lip Balm by Malin+Goetz
       7g $12

       This was the product I was most excited about. It was featured in a previous bag but I did not receive it. Seeing as it is $12 I was not willing to purchase. This lip balm is a savior for dry and cracked winter lips. It absorbed quickly and moisturized for hours. I am a fan but I can't see myself paying $12 for a rather small tube.

       Sheer Glo by Manna Kadar Cosmetics 
       Full size 1oz $29, received 0.27oz $7.83

       This is not a product I will use. At all. I have oily skin so the dewy look is just a no go for me. I do not like to add any shimmer as it just looks horrible by the end of the day. Not a bad product for some and a decent sample size, I just have no use for it.

       Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow by Pacifica in Treasure
       Sold only in larger palettes $14, single shadow approx. $4.67

       I had gotten an eyeshadow from Pacifica before and the color payoff was not that great but this swatches out exactly as it looks in the compact. It also blends out smoothly to a beautiful bronzed shimmer. I see myself using this often and combining it both with the Be a Bombshell Base from a previous bag and my Urban Decay Naked3 palette.

BONUS ITEM
benefit Posie Balm 250 points

      I hate this product, I am especially disappointed because after I redeemed my points the Ayers lotion I LOVED was available for the same amount of points. To be honest I did not even put it on, it reeks of roses and the smells turned me off so completely that I put it back in the bag immediately. It had such promise. A cute little mini pink, tinted lip balm? Perfect for my purse, I just can not deal with the scent.



       Overall not the best bag for me, especially compared to my last few. Hopefully this is not a sign of what is to come in 2015. The total value of my bag was close to $50 so it was not that it had bad products, just a couple disappointing ones. For me the eyeshadow and lip balm make it worth it.


Like, comment and share!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment