Monday 12 January 2015

Little Life Box - January 2015


     Little Life Box is a Canadian subscription box focused on healthy alternatives to products you use daily. I saw this for the first time in a video by Ashley Elizabeth and I decided to try it for two reasons: I wanted to try a Canadian subscription box and I wanted to get back into a healthier mindset. The box is $19.99, free shipping. I got an email notifying me that my box shipped on Monday and it was delivered Thursday! So that is super impressive. 



          The packaging is adorable and I guess each box comes with a little post card which is a nice touch. 



           When I pulled back the packaging it looks like a pretty full box. I just started pulling things out and I was very pleased with this box. Here we go: 



Shapes Crisps - Lightly Salted by Harvest Snaps  21g 


          Anyone who is reading this and actually knows me get ready to be shocked. These are delicious. They didn't last until I was finished unpacking the box. These we a crispy, salty snack that I didn't have to feel bad about eating! I would eat these instead of chips while watching a movie, so good. 



Organic and Natural Feminine Hygine Products by Natracare

          These look a little sketchy, I will throw them under my bathroom sink in case of emergency but I doubt I will be using them. 




         Botanical Energy Formula by Volta 65ml

         This was a product I was interested in trying. It tasted like berries, much better than most of these type of products. I drank it before a shift at work and I did feel like it gave me more energy without making me feel jittery but I don't think it lasted 8 hours. 




Cleansing Make-up Removal Wipe by Natracare 

          Another product from Natracare. I used this after work and it worked well, took off my waterproof mascara and my skin felt clean and refreshed after. I would certainly suggest this for someone with sensitive skin. 



Night Facial Creams by Idoine Bio 7g

         This is an interesting product, I love moisturizers and face creams. Only used this once so I can't speak to how effective it is for the long term but when I woke up the next morning my face felt well moisturized without feeling like it was greasy or the cream was sitting on it. It smelled very natural but the smell wasn't overwhelming. The description mentions that Idoine means "suits you perfectly" and that the product is made with natural, organic ingredients including oil from the Moringa tree. It is supposed to promote production of natural collagen, regulate facial pH, reduce the loss of vitamins, stimulate cell renewal, restore dry and irritated skin, improve elasticity, provide a natural facial glow, as well as stimulate anti-wrinkle and anti-aging functions. So wow to all of that. I will try to remember to put this on before bed, if nothing else it is simply a nice overnight moisturizer. 




Lip Balm in French Vanilla by Woods Body Goods. 

        When I first saw this I thought "ok cool a lip balm, decent" This may look like a cheap lip balm but it is really quite moisturizing and has a great smell/flavour. I didn't get to use it much when I first got it as Beast took it to work with him. Since I got it back I've been using it everyday. It just soaks right in while leaving a thin layer that moisturizes for hours. 




Hemp Hearts by Manitoba Harvest 15g

         I've bought these before so I will eat these for sure. They make a great topping for salads, yogurt, or just by themselves. Hemp hearts contain omegas, digestible proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It's an easy way to add some things you may be missing from your diet. I am going to stash these in my desk at work and add them to rice or a salad. 



Pink Andean Cooking Salt by GoGo Quinoa 250g

          Ok. First: it's pink so I love it. This is a pretty big sample size and I'm looking forward to using this in my cooking. This salt is harvested at 3000 meters above sea level in the Andes Mountains. It's delishous, the pink color comes from minerals found in the ancient sea salt deposits. Pretty neat. 




Organic Roasted Coconut Loose Tea by Naked Teas

          This is probably my favourite item out of the box, I've had three cups and I have enough left for at least one more of not two. It's just so yummy! A lot of flavoured teas taste a little bit off but this just tastes like coconut and almonds. I will be looking into ordering some more as soon as I can afford it. I 100% recommend this. 



Quinoa and Vegetable Soup by GoGo Quinoa 65g

          This turned out pretty good, I did add chicken which makes it slightly less vegetarian I suppose. I will look for this when I get groceries but use it as a base and add carrots, potatoes and chicken. It is a simple, quick soup that really tastes like homemade. 



Hazelnut Milk Chocolate by Camino 100g

       It's chocolate. What's not to love? It was yummy. 



          At the bottom there were various cards, coupons, information and a code for 25% off your first box if you subscribe. I am seriously considering subscribing for the year, I was really impressed with the variety of products, most of which I have used.  

Overall I am really impressed and it only helps that it is a Canadian subscription box that included many Canadian products. 


Thanks for reading!
A.




          






No comments:

Post a Comment