Friday 2 January 2015

Too Faced Mystery Tin

          This is the one thing I bought on Cyber Monday. For whatever foolish reason they don't ship to Canada so Mrs. G's PO box saved the day again. The Mystery Tin was $35 and included $150 worth of product. I was happy with what I got and would purchase it again next year.








          The makeup came in an actual tin which is pretty cute. I've used it to put my makeup in while traveling and it's helping organize my desk at the moment. Ok, let's get right to the contents. 





          A set of the Teddy Bear brushes and this are beautiful. Very soft and each of them have made it into my frequently used brush jar. 






          Just look at that color, it goes on exactly that color and is so creamy. The staying power isn't the best but it is so moisturizing and smooth that I do not mind reapplying. It is in the color Believe. 






          This is the Chocolate Soleil bronzer in Milk Chocolate. I am one very pasty Canadian so it is too dark for my winter lack of pigment but is great for contouring and I've used it as blush a few times. It is likely going to work in the summer if I actually get a tan. It stays put all day and I am excited to be able to use it to its full potential. Why bronzer needs to smell like chocolate I don't know but it really does smell good enough to eat. 




          All of the yes. This is a deluxe sample of their Better Than Sex mascara and I've used it nearly everyday. The volume and length I get from this magic in a tube amazes me every time. So much so that I am considering paying for the full sized version. 







          I was so excited to receive an eye-shadow palette. It wouldn't have mattered which one because they are all beautiful. I was already looking at different palettes, I wouldn't have bought this one as I thought it would be too dark but it is perfect for a night time smokey eye or a more subdued daytime look. The shadows are pigmented and smooth with no creasing all day. If you look at the Up in Smoke pan in the top right you can see that there is a chunk out of it. It came like that and was such a mess to clean up. There was no damage to the box during shipping, I emailed The company so hopefully they make it right as almost half of the shadow is gone.   

UPDATE: After several emails I heard absolutely nothing from Too Faced.




          

          This Beauty Balm was one of the two samples I chose, not a huge fan. It is too dark for me and does not really seem to do anything for me.








          This eyeliner was the second sample and I am in love. It is called Perfect Eyes for a reason, it does on smoother than any of the hundreds of eyeliners I have tried. I was actually shocked when I put it on the first time. It is waterproof and stays on all day. I've even cried with this on and it barely budged. 


           Overall I am happy I took the risk because for $35 I got to try products I couldn't justify spending the money on and found new favorites. If you see this offer in the future snatch it up because they go fast and it is certainly worth it. The eye-shadow alone makes it worth it as it is $36 just by itself. 


          Thanks for reading! Like, comment and share.  
A.



   





No comments:

Post a Comment