Saturday 7 November 2015

Top 5 - September and October 2015


**UNFAVORITE: Blogger will not let me format things to stay centered and it is severely pissing my off. ***

          This favourites post is pretty Clinique heavy, if you want to read about some more Clinique products check this out. The background is a bonus favourite item, it is an electric blanket that Beast got me from Walmart and it is AMAZING. I love fuzzy couch blankets and one that heats up can only be better. My cats also love it and at night I have two companions close by snuggling up to the warm.

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil Free Makeup in 02 Alabaster (VF-N) 
          I can say without hesitation that this is my favourite foundation to date and I have tried a foolish number of foundations. If you have oily skin give this a try. My t-zone does still get shiny but the makeup does not separate and it holds up well if I blot throughout the day. My makeup looks matte much longer then with any other foundation I have ever used. I was concerned about the colour range as this was one of the two palest shades and I did not think it would work for me. I had a woman at Shoppers colour match me and I decided to give it a shot. As long as I make sure to blend well it works perfectly. I would say this is right in the middle of drugstore vs high end makeup at about $30. I am not used up my first tube so my opinion may change but I hope this love stays true.

Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 01 Stay Buff (VF)
           Since I love the foundation so much it only seemed natural that I would love the powder and that is exactly the case. It does a great job of absorbing oil and keeping my skin shine free for hours longer then other powders. I don't carry it in my purse but I imagine it would be perfect for touch up when the oil starts to shine through. The green, marbled packaging is also gorgeous. 

Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
          I got this as part of a gift with purchase from Sears and am a big fan. It lengthens, gives enough volume that it's not too much for everyday and does not flake or smudge. I use other mascaras I have and always come back to this one. 

L'Oreal Pop Balm in 518 Tender Mauve 
          I bought this and quickly went back to the store to buy five more L'Oreal Balm products. For a full review click here.





The Balm, Balm Girls Lipstick in Mia Moore 
          The Balm was recently on Hautelook and I picked up a few things. I am in the process of doing a review but I could not wait to talk about this lipstick. First, the packaging is adorable, very retro and classic. Second it is the perfect red lipstick, it doesn't make my teeth look yellow, it dries to a sort of satin matte look without over drying my lips and lasts for hours. Even through two cups of tea and a muffin! It isn't an all day wear but once it does start to wear off it does so somewhat evenly, not completely but more so than a lot of other dark lipsticks. 





          I really love all these products and have been talking about them to anyone that will listen. I've gotten numerous compliments on my foundation and the Mia Moore lipstick since I bought them. 

Thanks for reading!
A. 







No comments:

Post a Comment