Saturday 7 November 2015

The Balm Haul - Hautelook

                     

          I was so excited when the Balm was on Hautelook, after I placed my order I wished I had ordered a few more things. 

                                             

Time Balm Flawless Face Primer $30 Hautelook Price $15
            I am always looking to try more primers especially when I can get them for half off. This is a clear primer similar in formula to the Smashbox primers and as such I was not expecting to like it very much. I am happy to say I am wrong, I noticed a huge difference in the appearance and size of pores and find myself reaching for this over my Clinique primer. It does well with my oily skin and I would recommend it to anyone looking into purchasing it but my primer search is not finished. I would buy this in a second if it was on Hautelook again. 

                       

Autobalm California Face Palette $18 Hautelook price: $10
            How cute is this little palette? The drivers license is actually a sleeve the fits over the palette, making it perfect to toss in your purse. There is a decent mirror, a blush, highlighter/shadow, brow/crease shade and a lid/liner shade. I have used this little palette to create complete looks and have not had any desire to use any other product. I especially love the blush and the How 'Bout Them Apples Lip and Cheek Cream Palette is not on my wish list. Check out the swatches below.

                        




                        

Time Balm Concealer in Light $18 Hautlook Price $10
           I had meant to order this in Lighter than Light but this shade is still light enough for me. I added this to my cart as an afterthought but I have really been loving it. I have used it to cover up some redness and imperfections then just used some powder for light coverage and I am out the door. It just blends like a dream and is certainly a full coverage concealer. My only issue is that it is not compatible with some of my foundations and as the day kills my makeup you can see where the concealer is underneath my foundation.

                              

The Balm Girl Lipstick in Mia Moore

            First, the packaging is adorable, very retro and classic. Second it is the perfect red lipstick, it doesn't make my teeth look yellow, it dries to a sort of satin matte look without over drying my lips and lasts for hours. Even through two cups of tea and a muffin! It isn't an all day wear but once it does start to wear off it does so somewhat evenly, not completely but more so than a lot of other dark lipsticks. 

                              


            I am very pleased with everything I have tried from the Balm, I have also received sample of eyeshadow, the Mary Loumanizer and a Frat Boy Blush. I already know I will go a little crazy next time it is on Hautelook.

                                                     Thanks for reading!
                                                                   A.

                                                      @dirty_cupcake





No comments:

Post a Comment