Tuesday 17 November 2015

LOC - Love of Color with Tati Westbrook Ultimate Collection


             




            Tati Westbrook is a beauty YouTuber and has been for the last five years. She consistently posts five videos a week that range from tutorials, reviews, Hot or Not on new releases/products, and hauls for both high end and drugstore beauty products. Before starting you tube Tati was an Image Consultant which she describes as a 9-5 desk job putting together programs with makeup, health and fashion items. Tati is in her early thirties therefore a little older than most of the beauty YouTubers which I love. She has the knowledge and experience to recommend products that I know are going to work. I would love to have her makeup skills and her hair is just always perfect, Tati is easily in my top 3 YouTubers.  Recently Tati has collaborated with Birchbox to put out the first collection from the Birchbox line Love of Color. She was also a guest editor for the November 2015 Birchbox, curating both a US box and Canadian box.
             The LOC Ultimate Collection includes three vibrant matte lipsticks, five one & done shadow sticks and a sharpener for $57 Canadian.


            
      One & done shadow sticks in On Point, Day Trip, Impress Me, Nite Owl, Smoke Screen


           These shadows go on unbelievably creamy and blends beautifully but you have to be quick. Once these set they are there all day, honestly all day. They are completely smudge proof and water proof, I have even washed my hair with swatches on my hand and they barely budged. I have oily skin and often wear my makeup for upwards of 12-14 hours and at hour 14 there was barely a crease at all. My favourite use for them is on my waterline since I can apply it and know it will not move. When they set I can feel them drying on my eyelids but it is not enough to bother me.

             
                Vibrant matte lipstick in Wildest Dreams, First Kiss, Glam Life

          I am all about lip products and I am so happy to say I love these. I was surprised by how creamy and moisturizing they felt when I first applied them, they do dry down but not so much that my lips actually felt dry. These do not have the same staying power as the shadow sticks, certainly not transfer proof but after a cup of tea and lunch I still had a surprising amount of colour left on my lips without it being all over my face. The way in which these fade and wear really impressed me, they do so evenly and leave a little stain of colour behind. I love the red and purple shades but the nude does not really look right on me. It is a beautiful shade I just struggle to pull off nude shades, I have used it as a base for my nude or light pink glosses so I am still getting some use out of it.

            I love this collection and I wish it was permanent but at the same time I can't wait to see what comes next for LOC.


                                                      Thanks for reading!

                                                                   A.

                                                        @dirty_cupcake 

                                            Check out Tati's YouTube Channel





No comments:

Post a Comment