Monday 30 November 2015

Ipsy November 2015


           Well this review is a little late eh? Work has gotten more than a little hectic so I basically had to walk away from blogging for a little while. I also was not thrilled by this bag so I was not motivated to share it. I decided I would go ahead and review it for anyone considering signing up or wanting to compare months. The them for this month was Beauty Blast and the bag has a great cosmic design to it. I also redeemed points items and I will talk about them at the end.
 
Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Kissy Full Size $1.98
             I never want nail polish in subscription boxes/bags, I only use gel polish or the Revlon Gel Envy. Very rarely do I use a regular polish and even if that was not the case this just isn't my colour so it will be passed on.
 
Cool Way Strong Hold Spray Full Size $19.95 Sample Value $3.02
          I have no strong feelings about this product either way. It is not super exciting but I will use it  so its just one of those "meh" products.
 
tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig Full Size 3 for $25 Sample Value $8.33
           This is probably the only item in the bag I was actually pleased with, it has a pinkish red undertone and I have discovered that is the type of nude shade that works for me. It is matte without being overly drying and is fairly long lasting. (Swatched below)
 
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Full Size $20 Sample Value $7.40
            I am not a fan of Smashbox products in general, a lot of them just do not work for me but this mascara is pretty decent. I passed it on to my mother since I already have a few mascaras to work though and it just is not amazing to me.
 
Beaute Basics Gel Eyeliner in Navy Full Size $9.99
          I am not sure if this is full sized or not but I don't care since I will not be using it. I am very pale and any blue eyeliner, no matter the shade just makes me look trashy. I might be able to pull off a blue that is so dark it almost looks black but I am not interested in even trying this out. I do like that they include a little brush with the product for application so half a point for that. (Swatched below)
 
     
 
 



          Like I said above I redeemed some points for a few items. How cute is the little bottle for the Jouer oil? I can not get over how precious it is. I have been using it fairly regularly and I love how soft and even my skin had become. I use this at night under my moisturizer and I think that this in combination with another product (review to come, hint: Urban Decay) have really helped even out my skin tone and reduce redness. I have not looked up the price to purchase this as I am afraid it will be expensive and that I will talk myself into it. I also picked up a couple lip balms, I have had others from Jersey Shore Cosmetics and they are excellent. I ended up getting really sick of the Pumpkin Spice so that has been put away until next fall when the madness begins again. The Peppermint is rather strong and I love it, it has not left my purse except to be applied multiple time a day.


       The total value of this bag, not including the points items, is $30 which isn't bad but I am only going to be using two of the items and one of them is just because it is there. This bag was a miss for me but the points items made up for the disappointment.


Thanks for reading!
A.
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment