Thursday 24 December 2015

Birchbox Canada December 2015


           This month's box has a knitted sweater look to it that is super cute and included in this month's box, beside the usual product card there is a $10 off coupon for any order over $35.



            One difference on the product card this month was that it is missing the section on how to use each product. I hope this is just a fluke, since some of the sample sizes do not include instructions it is convenient to have the directions on the card rather than having to go online. Not a big deal but I thought I would mention it. 



Salon Giojé Protein Mask Full Size $40
          I am always happy to receive hair products, between Ipsy and Birchbox I haven't had to buy anything but shampoo and conditioner. I especially love hair masks, I have dry and damaged hair that also gets weighed down easy so the occasional deep repair mask is a life saver. If you are sensitive to scents this might not be the product for you, it has a very strong masculine scent. I am excited to give this a try, I have had good results with other protein masks so this should be a good product for me. 




RUSK Heatshift Re-Styling Cream Full Size $22
           Another hair product? Sounds good to me. I don't do much "re-styling" but I like the idea of a cream that both holds your style but will let you heatstyle it again without washing your hair. I have yet to find my holy grail styling product so I am always down to try another. 

Update: I love this. It does not feel like I have a bunch of goop in my hair and it helps my hair keep from being so tangly and stringy throughout the day. 




Kate Spade Walk on Air Eau du Parfume Spray Full Size $33-$115
           I find many people dislike recieving perfume samples, they are not my favorite things to receive but since I can not wear perfume to work it's nice to try difference scents without wasting money on a whole bottle. At first this was a meh item for me but then I realized it was a Kate Spade perfume and I was sold. It is descibed as a " fragrance that celebrates the graceful confidence of its wearer. Sweet and tender layers of lily of the valley - the flower of happiness and joy - magnolia and crinum lily envelope the skin like a breath of fresh air." I love the scent and the little spray bottle with a cap is perfect to toss in my purse. 



Coastal Scents styleEyes Eyeshadow Palette - SocialEYES Full Size $16
           I do like costal scents eyeshadows but I am amassing quite a collection of little eyeshadow sample palettes. At first I thought I would just pass this on as I don't go for the dark, smokey eye much anymore even thought it used to mpbe my jam. When I Swatched these I changed my mind, they go on beautifully and blend so easily. In the swatches below the dark shade looks a little brown but they are both beautiful grey colours. 

Lord and Berry Pailettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black Full Size $22
          I had a sample of plain black eye pencil from Lord and Berry months ago and was not a huge fan, it went on so smooth but it did not stay put at all. This one had little, tiny bits of glitter in it so it does not go on as smoothly, I was expecting it to irritate my eyes but I've been wearing it for four hours so far with no issues.  I don't know if I will bother keeping it, I just won't use it.
 
 
          Overall I am happy with my Birchbox this month. Even though two of the items I will likely give away or toss I love the other three enough that it makes up for it.
 
Thanks for reading!
A.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment