Sunday 27 December 2015

Haul December 2015


          I have just come back in the door from Shoppers and I did some damage to my Christmas money. Other than a small order from Hautelook this will be my last haul until at least February as I am putting myself on a strict no buy for make up, hair and skin care. I have enough of every type of product to last until at least then and I need to corral my spending.



L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner $13.99
          I will say it again, I am the worst with liquid eyeliner, I figured a slim tip would make it much easier for me to use. I have only worn this once for a few hours but I am not amazed by it, it did make lining my upper lash line easier and I did not end up with a thicker line than I wanted while trying to make both eyes even. As far as using it on the lower lash line it was a disaster. I found the pigment was not especially consistent, the applicator tip was a little scratchy and it just did not go on as smooth as I expected. After a few hours it transferred to my lid and I am really thinking about returning it, I very rarely return makeup but I am really disappointed with this. (Swatched below)

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in 318 Bare Attraction $14.99
             Not going to lie, if I had been wearing my glasses and saw that this lip gloss was fifteen bucks I would have probably put it back. I have decided not to dwell on it since it is an great product. "Matte gloss" seems a little odd but once I put it on I completely understood, it goes on so smoothly, highly pigmented and leaves a matte looking finish but does not actually dry down like most matte products. I have not worn it long enough to see how long lasting it is or how it fades but my very first impression is favorable. (Swatched below)

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte $12.49
          I rarely buy single shadows but I could not walk past this, it is just so beautiful and pigmented. I can see myself using this all the time as an all over lid colour or as an inner corner highlight, just check out the swatch below!



My photo skill are especially weak today.

Aveeno Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo $6.79 on Sale
           I am lucky enough to have hair that is dry and damaged but gets greasy and weighed down easily. That makes finding a shampoo that gives me the moisture I need without making it greasy a serious quest. I also struggle to find a dry shampoo that does anything for me besides make my hair feel gross. My sister, on the other hand, is the Queen of second, third, fourth and even fifth day hair on occasion. She used this dry shampoo when she did my hair over Christmas and I knew I needed to try it, if I can not make this work I will give up on dry shampoo entirely. 

Life Brand Anti-Residue Shampoo $6.99
            So like I said above my hair can hold on to build up from some products so a clarifying shampoo is a must. I only use it two or three times a month so I did not want to spend a lot on it, plus the bottle fits perfectly in a little corner of my shower that nothing else will. I used it this morning and my hair feels great, the shampoo took all the left over styling products out of my hair with out leaving it feeling like straw as some of these more expensive types of shampoos tend to do.

Quo Brush Cleaner $11
         Nothing exciting here, just some brush cleaner. I have not used it yet but I have used other products from Quo without issue so I am expecting it to work well enough.

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Cushion Foundation in Light $21.99 -$9 rebate
         This is a luminous finish foundation and I normally stay away from that since my skin is so oily but something about this just called to me. According to the back of the box it is supposed to provide all the benefits of BB and CC creams along with the "skin-perfecting effects of minerals". I have only just begun to put this foundation through my tests (with and without primers or powders, different activities etc) but so far it is doing better than I expected without any primer, it goes on smoothly and blends well. As with any foundation that has shades fair, fair/medium, medium etc I always wish there was a super ultra fair option but it did blend out enough that I feel confident wearing it. I am also impressed with how light weight it is, I would certainly say it is light to medium coverage but still buildable. I am not sure it would be something I could wear all day with my skin type but for a few hours or someone with dryer skin I think this could be a great product.  (Swatch below)

Maybelline Master Precise Skinny in 210 Defining Black $12.99
          I almost talked myself out of buying two "skinny" eyeliners but since the other was such a disappointment I am glad I did not. This goes on so smooth, I would say it is one of the smoothest applying eyeliners I have ever used. It has a "waterproof gel formula" and a 1.8mm tip for a very precise line. It is an automatic pencil but a little different, the tip has a little twist section that you are supposed to twist twice per eye and it does not twist back down. I assume this is because it is so thin that it would break if it was a standard automatic pencil. I haven't used this yet so it could transfer since it is so creamy but it will at least apply better to the lower lash line. (Swatch below)

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine $16
         I am a little embarrassed I spent $16 on lip butter, it is just too expensive but when you get Christmas money from a grandparent you are not supposed to spend it responsibly. You are supposed to spend it on something that makes you happy. I have been walking past this at Shoppers for MONTHS, honestly I do not know why I have fixated on this product so much but it is just one of those items I saw on YouTube and decided it needed it. It is basically all YouTube's fault really, thanks Ashley Elizabeth (check her out she is hilarious and Canadian) When I put it out on the counter the woman who rang me through could not stop gushing about it so that made me feel a little better about the purchase. It is pretty amazing, my lips peel in the winter and I hate it. I am always scrubbing them raw which is not a cute look either so I am thinking this lip butter will help with this since it is so moisturizing and fast absorbing. I may or may not have a Mango one coming from Hautelook as well. I did swatch it below but it is so sheer I don't think it really showed up at all.







Revlon Photoready Prime+Anti Shine $16.99 on Sale
          I had picked this up a couple times but put it back as I was not sure I wanted to spend the money one it, today I broke down and bought it. Any time I see anti-shine I am automaticaly drawn to the product. This is a primer you can wear under your makeup or on top of it. I have not had a chance to try it out but I am looking forward to it and hope I like the results. 

Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel $9.99
        As I said in my last haul I am in love with the Gel Envy, you get the ease of nail enamel but the look of gel and other than the red shade it is very durable. I have about six colours so far and the only one I found disappointing was the red. It just seems to chip both faster and easier than the rest. 


             I will have one more mini haul coming sometime in January with Crown Brushes and Lord and Berry products but after that for at least a month I have enlisted Beast's help in a no buy of any beauty supplies. If January is not too painful I may make one trip to stock up on some items and then go back to no buy for the rest of February. We will see.


Thanks for reading!
A






No comments:

Post a Comment