Thursday 24 December 2015

Ipsy December 2015

 
          I was really excited for my Ipsy bag this month, like the actual bag itself. I love when Ipsy does different styles than the usual front zip pouch. This bag still holds everything I need but fits much better in my purse. I was also excited for all but one of the products in the bag.
 
Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Primer Full Size $20 Sample Value $10
            Eyeshadow primer is something I just don't buy, I have one from Essence that works well and was only a few dollars. I was excited to get this since I just know I am never going to buy it for myself and I have loved everything we have gotten from Elizabeth Mott.
 
Jersey Shore Vanilla Bean Anti-Aging Lip and Hand Polish Full Size $25
          This is a full sized product but if you were to purchase it would come in a jar instead of a squeeze tube. When I first saw this I was pretty skeptical about a lip AND hand polish but I was really impressed with how smooth and hydrated both my lips and hands were after using this. I have been wanting to purchase a lip scrub but one that was not going to be too abrasive or leave my lips sore and this is perfect. There are a number of different ingredients that just leave my hands feeling so smooth and soft. I might have to pick this up once I run out.
 
Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red Full Size $10
          I can never have enough lip products, the whole bag could be lipstick, glosses and balm and I would not complain. I have tried a few Pacifica products before and to be honest was not impressed with the last lipstick I tried, it was a beautiful red shade but it just feathered everywhere and slid around on my lips. That is not the case with this one, I don't know what the difference is but this one goes on perfectly and has a matte look to it while still moisturizing. It almost feel like I don't have any lipstick on at all. Now that I have discovered what nude shades look good on me I am all about the nude lips and this one has made it into the rotation. If you are looking for more natural makeup check out Pacifica products, they are natural but still effective. Swatches below.
 
Acure Cell Stimulating Facial Masks Full Size $12.99 Sample Value ~$7.50
            I received a facial scrub from this brand from a subscription service in recent months and I loved it so I was very interested in trying this out. I have only used it once so I can't speak to how effective it is over time but after I rinsed it off for the first time I did feel like my pores had been cleared out without over-drying my skin.
 
Peony Cosmetics Eyeshadow Trio Full Size $17.95
           Yes this is full size and yes it really does cost $17.95. The packaging feel a little cheap but the mirror is actually pretty good and the shadows are supposed to absorb oil to last all day. I have worn them a few times and I would say they are very long lasting, all day to me is a lot longer than most but these do have some serious staying power. I think I am just getting a little sick of eyeshadow trios and singles. I have too many cluttering up my life, I really need to get a Z palette. (Swatched below)






 
 
         The value of this bag is about $70, for a $10 ($14.95 + exchange in Canada) subscription service that a really quite good. I am using all the products in the bag and loving most of them so to me that makes it worth the price no matter the value.
 
 
Thanks for reading!
A.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment