Saturday 26 December 2015

Haul Winter 2015


          This is a collective haul I have been sitting on for a while and naturally I have lost the paper I have all my notes on, including the prices. We have some new loves and some items I have already passed on. Let's go:


Mally Beauty Lip Gloss
          I got these off Hautlook and while they are not a bad product I just have others I prefer and I will be passing them on to my cousin without really using them.

Nars Lip Crayons
         I got these as a birthday gift from Sephora as a beauty insider perk. Nars is just one of those cult beauty brands and I was thrilled to receive these. The red is a matte finish and it is beautiful, non-drying and long lasting. The pink is a satin finish and not as long lasting but a beautiful, subtle colour. 

Julep Lipgloss
         I have had a couple Julep lip glosses and am a big fan, I can not find this gloss to save my life and it breaks my heart. It is pretty close to being the perfect red gloss, it has enough colour without being so pigmented that if it gets messed up you look like a crazy person.

Julep Break the Ice Full Coverage Creme Lipstick Mini Trio 
          I really enjoy Julep lip products and I truly believe all lip colours should come in mini sizes. How often do you really use a whole lipstick? Plus it fits on your purse or pockets so much better.  The shades are mingle, primp and charm, all perfect for the season. The little box they came in is also super handy as it is magnetic so it stays shut in your purse or travel bag. 


Kat Von D Lock-it Featherweight Primer + Base
           I had such high hopes for this primer but I was pretty underwhelmed, I have not completely given up on it but I was not immediately wowed. I also suspect that it made my foundation oxidize but more research is required for that one. The packaging is on point though. 

Hard Candy Sheer Glow Illuminator
          I really do not know why I bought this, seriously. Not a clue. My only guess is that I was looking at it and Beast hurried me along so I tossed it in my basket instead of putting it back. I have used it a couple time as a liquid highlighter as well as on my arms and chest for Christmas parties. 

Mally Beauty Liquid Face Defender
From the Mally Beauty website- Shaded Liquid Face Defender is a new art technology and formula that takes your makeup routine to the next level. It mattifies the skin on contact, and can be worn under or over your regular foundation. This innovative formula not only blends beautifully to match your skin tone, but it protects your makeup from fading, creasing, and settling into those pesky lines and wrinkles that seem to love to absorb all that gorgeous makeup you put on!
           Well with a description like that how can you go wrong? I do find this helps my makeup blend very easily. I will also wear it under powder on errand days.I don't know that I would purchase it again, maybe if it was on Hautelook again.




Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Mascara
          I am all about mascara and have been trying to find one to replace my love, the Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I did really like this mascara but I have to wear my make up for up to 16 hours and this mascara started to bother me around hour 8, not a bad product but I would only use it on days that I wont have to wear my makeup for such a long period of time.

Marcelle XTRENSION PLUS + PROLASH Growlash Complex
           This mascara, however, I do really like; mostly because of the brush. One set of bristles are longer than the rest so they are perfect for separating and defining lashes. I have not noticed much in terms of growth but I am not losing many eyelashes so maybe it is working.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara
           I have a problem, I know this. I do not think I have ever been disappointed with a Rimmel mascara, this one gives great volume and curl. I am not sure what about it makes me think this but I feel it gives a great retro vibe.


Redken Diamond Oil Bulletproof shine, Intense
           Normally I do not use hair oil but I wanted something I could put in my hair as an overnight treatment or the occasional hot oil treatment. This is a lovely product, it has helped repair my damaged ends and smells amazing. I have also used on persistent dry skin patches. In 17 years when I use this up I will repurchase the light version so I could use it during the day as well without it being too heavy.

Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer
          Love. Love. Love. This product smoothes my hair, helps it dry faster and protects from heat damage. I will repurchase this as long as they make it.


Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in Ace of Spades, Checkmate, and Hold 'em
          I occasionally have to work in a restaurant setting and I think there are not many things that look worse than someone serving your food with chipped nail polish. When I was in the restaurant on a regular basis I discovered gel polish and all other nail polish was ruined for me. It was just so durable and did not chip. Unfortunately I have an awful habit of peeling off my gel manicure rather than soaking it off so my nails got pretty haggard. I decided to give Revlon a shot, not expecting much. Then I fell in love. This product was a life changer, it is the ease of regular nail polish with the look of gel and is quite durable.


Thanks for reading!
A




No comments:

Post a Comment