Tuesday 17 November 2015

Birchbox Canada November 2015 GlamLifeGuru Box

                    



          Let me start by fangirling just a little bit. I adore Tati Westbrook and when I saw that she was curating a box there was no question, I was getting it. Tati is a beauty YouTuber and has been for the last five years. She consistently posts five videos a week that range from tutorials, reviews, Hot or Not on new releases/products, and hauls for both high end and drugstore beauty products. Before starting you tube Tati was an Image Consultant which she describes as a 9-5 desk job putting together programs with makeup, health and fashion items. Tati is in her early thirties and a little older than most of the beauty YouTubers, which I love. She has the knowledge and experience to recommend products that I know are going to work. I would love to have her makeup skills and her hair is just always perfect, Tati is easily in my top 3 YouTubers.  OK, embarrassing gushing done. If Tati was to read this, unlikely, I would probably die of embarrassment and hope to god I had my facts straight. Lets talk about the actual products in the box.


            


Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels Full Size 8 for $33, Sample Value $4.13
           These are not my favourite eye pads on the market but I can not deny that they work to reduce puffiness and are a great pampering item. I am currently on vacation so these will be great to help me unwind. I think I will take Tati's suggestion and put them in the fridge for a little bit first.


Living Proof Perfect hair Day PhD. Dry Shampoo Full Size $28, Sample Value $13.01
          I am not one of those lucky girls that can wash their hair every few days or even every other day. I have tried a few different dry shampoos without much luck, mostly I use them to make my hair less disgusting for the gym, to run quick errands or if I use too much product in my hair. I am not ready to give up on day two hair and based on the reviews from Tati and others this is an amazing dry shampoo. 


theBalm Cosmetics Frat Boy Blush/Shadow Full Size $27 Value $1.69ish
           I have tried a few things from theBalm and love everything I have tried. Check out this haul for more. Lately I have also been looking to expand my blush collection so I am quite excited to try this out. The only issue I can foresee is that my blush brush is much too large for the pan. Swatch below.


LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Day Trip Full Size $12
            Love of Color is Birchbox's new makeup line and Tati collaborated with them to make this first collection. I bought the Ultimate Collection so I already have this but I am still glad to have another as it is not a permanent collection. These shadow sticks are amazing, I normally avoid cream shadows but these do not budge at all. For a full review of these and the the matte lipsticks check this out.


                           

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (24 hour miricle cream) Full Size $28 Sample Value $1.87
          I received this in either my last Birchbox or Ipsy bag and I don't hate having another sample. I have very oily skin so finding a moisturizer to wear under my makeup can be a challenge. I find this one absorbs quickly and does not leave my face feeling any greasier than normal. The sample may look tiny but you need such a small amount that I have not even used half of the first sample I have and I use it at least five days a week.


           Overall this box has a value of $32.70, not huge but a good value for a $10/$15 box. A couple of items are not items I would choose myself but I am glad to receive them all the same. I think I am most excited about the blush and shadow stick. 



Thanks for reading!
A.








No comments:

Post a Comment