Tuesday 25 August 2015

Bonjour Jolie - August 2015

          I signed up for Bonjour Jolie late enough into July that I got both my July and August boxes in the month of August. I had actually forgotten I was getting another box so it was a complete surprise after work. I did not get any shipping information for this one either but I am not really upset by that. I know it ships at the beginning of each month and without tracking information it is one less thing to check obsessively.
          This month's theme is Hot August Nights. If you are not familiar with Bonjour Jolie it is a period supply subscription service that comes to your door in a discreet box with everything you need plus a few extra things to help you get through this cranky time. For some more information check out on of my first posts here


             First we have the period supplies, you can get different combinations of many brands of tampons, pads, liners and/or menstrual cups. If you prefer your items not to be handled you can pick a full box of one item. You also get a couple packets of Advil and Summer's Eve Cleansing Cloths to keep your business fresh. 



           Every box includes snacks and Bonjour Jolie nailed it this month, M&M's cookies? Yes. Ate them right away. We also got some Rock Candy Sticks, Gobstoppers, Lemon Heads and Jelly Bellys. All solid candy choices. All these are worth about $7. 



          So many teas, last month we got some cold drink mixes and while they were yummy I am glad we got tea this month. It is currently too hot to think about hot water but I love trying new teas. I have put a no buy in place because I just have so much tea piled up. This way I get to try a variety without filling my cupboards. Also according to the card the word stash comes from back in the day when tea was usually transported but clipper ship and the captain was presented with some of the finest teas for his personal use, AKA his "stash" and that, children, is why we use the word stash to describe anything put away carefully because it is precious to us. Tea and a fun fact, what more do you need? 




Bonjour Jolie Beach Waves Salt Spray $15 at bonjourjolie.com/shop
          This is the pampering item this month and it's a very good size. I will always be willing to try anoth beach spray, easy waves without using heat? Yes. Give me that. This one is supposed to add texture and waves without making your hair sticky or drying it out because it has organic argan oil to moisturize. It smells like argan oil and just slightly of citrus. I gave it a quick spray and it really did not make my hair sticky or dry, I have used sprays that have given better waves but this is almost like a conditioner along with a wave spray.



Just a Little Sparkle Silver Plated Rhinestone Headband $19 at addjustalittlesparkle.com 
          This is pretty cute and at first I was concerned it would get stuck in my hair but it is really quite comfortable. This is handmade and apparently they have all different ones for different occasions. If you  want to get one of your very own you can use the code "BONJOUR" for $5 off until 8/31/15



          The value of this box is $41.25 without including the period supplies in the first photo. I am impressed with both boxes I have received so far and am glad I have signed up if for no other reason than I don't have to think about buying tampons. 
 


 
Thanks for reading!
A. 

@dirty_cupcake  




No comments:

Post a Comment