Friday 21 August 2015

Birchbox Canada - August 2015

          I loved my Birchbox this month! It is probably the first box where everything is really suited for me. This month it seems like products I have wanted to try just appeared in my subscription boxes. 


          First, look how cute the box is under there, it's just a cute little pool. I can't bear to throw any of the boxes out because they are so cute. I have re-purposed some and I am sure around Christmas time I will find uses for them. Enough about the box lets move on to the samples inside. 

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Sample Value $7.75 Full Size $31
This convenient, innovative self-tanner delivers buildable Color for a natural-looking glow 
        I was so excited to see this sample in my box, I had seen this in a friends shower and was considering giving it a try. I am terrified of self tanner, I am next level pale so I need something that is not going to be dramatic at the first application and this is perfect! To use it you shower like normal and after you are all scrubbed, turn off the shower, put this lotion on while you are still wet and standing in the shower, wait for three minutes and then rinse it off with just water. I tried this today and I was just going to put it on my legs in case I messed it up or it just turned out horrible. It was so easy to apply so I just used it all over and most surprisingly it smells nice! It rinsed off easily and left my skin so soft. There was no immediate colour but over time a very gradual and natural looking change occurred without streaks or spots. The colour is very light, almost unnoticeable but I think it would be very buildable. I think this is perfect for someone like me who is very pale and inexperienced with self tanner. 

Balance Me Congested Skin Serum Sample Value $15.86 Full Sized $34 
Calming spot treatment that fights blemishes, refines pores, and balances skin without drying.
           Lately I have been struggling with many more blemishes than I have ever had in my life so this was another welcome product. It has a very natural scent and is 99% natural. I am currently using the Clinique Acne Solutions System (review to come) but I will add this in there as an extra measure.  I have used it a couple times and I do like it but haven't noticed a huge difference, I doubt it's worth the price tag.

amika Un.done Texture Spray Sample Value $4.82 Full Sized $26.50
Styling spray that gives hair effortless, tousled volume, loads of shine and a dreamy scent.
           This is a nothing product I was looking to try before I found it in the box this month. I'm looking for a texture spray and this is a brand I have heard a lot about from different blogs and YouTube. I have not yet had a chance to try this as it is far to hot to do anything but stick my hair in a bun or clip immediately after brushing it out. It does smell nice which is not something I can say about most hair sprays. 

LAQA & Co. Cheeky Lip Crayon in Cray Cray Sample Value $5? Set of 3 $26
This creamy crayon delivers a rich, easy to apply color for both lips and cheeks. 
            I am always happy to receive lips products and I have another lip colour from the brand that I love. This was a little bit of a disappointment, as I find the lip and cheek combos usually are, it doesn't go on the lips well, has spotty coverage and just looks cheap. I habve not tried it as a cheek colour but I don't have high hopes. Also the sample size is rather deceiving, it looks like a full sized crayon but there is only about an inch, if that, of product. It's a waste of packaging, it would look so cute if it was packaged relative to the amount of product. I am going to play around with it and might be able to make it work but it is not an immediate favourite. 

Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy Sample Value $5.50 Full Sized $32
Made with macadamia oil and shea butter, this ultra-nourishing cream hydrates and protects hands. 
          On the packaging it says "gardeners" and has a little person planting something, this really is the perfect lotion for someone working with their hands. It is insanely moisturizing but absorbs quickly doesn't leave a greasy film at all. It has a spicy sent that is almost masculine. This is a lotion I am going to keep in my purse over the winter as it will have no problem combating dry winter skin. 

Value of the box $38.93


          As I said before I love my Birchbox and the products were all items that seem tailored for me. The value is not amazing but I will use at least four out of the five products regularly and if I do not use the fifth it will go to my sister.






Thanks for reading!
A.

@dirty_cupcake




No comments:

Post a Comment