Monday 10 August 2015

Top 5 July 2015


          Better late than never? I actually had quite a difficult time picking my Top 5 this month. I tried a bunch of new products and while most of them were decent I had such high expectations that I was not overly impressed by many of them.

Marcelle Soothing Cleansing Water 
          This was an impulse purchase from Winners. It is easily the best makeup remover I have ever used. It takes every bit of waterproof, 24 hour, apocalypse proof make up off but is so gentle that I could (and have) put it right in my eye and it does not sting. This size is apparently an "exclusive size" and it is clearly going to last me a while but I will be looking for more once I use it up. 




Flower Cosmetics Powder Up Loose Powder in Light
                I had been looking at the line by Drew Barrymore trying to decide what product I wanted to try and I am so glad I went with this one. It is triple milled so it is very fine and doesn't leave you looking powdery. I find it does an excellent job of controlling oil throughout the day plus it looks super cute sitting in my desk. My only complaint is that it only comes in the three basic shades of light, medium and dark. I could use something even lighter than this and would love if there was a translucent option.



NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Creamy Mauve and Coralista 
          Let me be clear, these are not the most amazing lipsticks ever but I do like buying them to try out new shades since they are under $3. The formula itself isn't bad, it just won't last as long as something a little more pricey. I pick one of these up if it's a shade I haven't tried before, see how it looks and then use that as a reference when finding a similar shade in another brand. Also a good way to get your new lipstick fix for $2.69. 



Lancôme Super-Enhancing Mascara Base 
          This was a 100 point perk from Sephora and I love it. It is just a primer for your lashes before your mascara and it really does make a difference. I was skeptical at first but figured it would be an interesting product to try. My lashes were thicker, longer and held a curl for longer. One of my male friends who would not normally notice my mascara stopped mid conversation to mention that my eyelashes looked amazing. I haven't looked up the cost of this because I am sure it will break my heart.




Nicka K New York Eye Shadow Quad
          This was an item from Ipsy this month and since I received it I haven't used any other eyeshadow. For around $5 these eyeshadows are amazing. The colours blend beautifully together and are perfect for my dark brown eyes. In the pan they look a little crumbly but that is not how they go on. Day or night this is my go to eyeshadow. 




Thanks for reading!
A. 





No comments:

Post a Comment