Friday 31 July 2015

Ipsy - July 2015

          When I first saw my Glam Room I was not excited for my bag, there were a couple things I would get some use out of but nothing had me stalking the mail man. Luckily so since it shipped later than usual again. I'm not sure why it has been shipping so late the last few months, maybe when you redeem for points items it takes longer to process. Once I tried a couple items I completely changed my mind, I love the eyeshadow and bronzer. Let's get into it:


Shea Moisture Lip Crayon in Sarah $9.99 Full Sized Product
          This is an item I redeemed my points for, I am always looking for more lip products. This one is not my favourite and at first I was quite disappointed by it but I noticed that once it wore off it left a really nice stain that looked great under a pink gloss. I do not like it by itself mostly because I'm not a fan of the iridescent quality. Swatched below. 

Crown Brush Professional Tweezers $10.50 or $6.99 on sale Full Sized Product 
          I would not replace my current tweezers with this as I prefer to have ones that are a little bit longer but these are excellent. I do not have any in my purse makeup bag so these are going right in there. 

Jor'el Parker Eau to Parfume in Classico $21 Full Sized Product 
          I love receiving perfumes even though I am rarely able to wear them. The description says "Indulge in the spicy seduction of Indian Tuberose, the striking and sweet sensation of Turkish Cyclamen and the purifying calm of Spanish Mandarin." Now, I do not know what most of those things are but it sounds very exotic and smells so as well. It has a very energizing or awakening scent. 

Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Vanilla Coconut Cream Lip Conditioner $10 Full Sized Product 
          This is a 100% natural and USDA certified Organic with UV protection as well as being cruelty free. It is a lip balm, not exciting but always useful. I would not pay $10 for it but I will use it for sure.

Nicka K New York Eye Shadow Quad in NY075 Sierra $4.99 Full a Sized Product
          I was surprised this quad was so inexpensive, I love these shadows. This product completely changed my opinion of this month's bag. They are so soft, pigmented and blend together perfectly. The colours are perfect for brown eyes and I am glad I did not get the other option which I think would be best for green eyes. With these four colours you can create a nice, everyday neutral look or a more dramatic smokey eye. If I was to go on a trip I would just grab this little quad and leave my other palettes at home. See swatches below. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave. Princess $10.31 Sample Value $20.31 Full Size
          I am not skilled in the art of contouring or much of a bronzer user. I already have a hard time finding foundation that is pale enough so added bronzer just makes me look dirty or like I can't shade match. This one is perfect for pale girls like me, with a light hand it added some warmth to my face without being too dark to work with my skin tone. Easily blendable, smooth application and hours of budge proof wear make this a beautiful product and also turned my opinion of the bag. 

Swatches for Shea Moisture Lip Crayon, Nicka K New York Eye Shadow, and Tarte Bronzer along the top.


          While still not my favourite bag I ended up liking it more than I originally thought I would. The bag itself is super cute and certainly one of my favourites. Overall I ended up liking this bag and the value is pretty decent. 


Total value of bag: $56.80


Thanks for reading!
A. 





No comments:

Post a Comment