Thursday 2 July 2015

Birchbox Canada June 2015


          It's a little late but here is my June Birchbox. I am pretty happy with it over all, I want to use up some of my makeup so I am glad I got mostly skin care and hair products. 

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels 1 pair Fulł size: $33 Sample value: $4.13
          What: peptide-packed cooling treatment to hydrate and refresh stressed skin under the eyes.
          I have tried these before and I do not hate that I got them again but I did not find they were all that effective the first time I used them. I find they are quite thick, stiff and rather uncomfortable to wear but I will give them another shot. 


Parlour by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray  Fulł size: $27  Sample value: $5.51
           What: This celeb stylist's new nondrying spray gives you soft, beachy waves- and smells amazing. 
           When I first saw this I was kind of disappointed because I just bought a sea salt spray from Julep but then I realized this would be perfect to keep in my purse to refresh my hair through out the day. It works well, you don't need a lot and it doesn't leave your hair crunchy or greasy as some of these sprays tend to do. The smell is a little much for me, it's just quite perfumey but not to off putting. 


Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo  Full size: $36-$82   Sample value: $4.24
           What: vitamin-rich botanicals gently purify hair while restoring lost moisture and shine. 
           First of all: wow expensive shampoo. Second: it's amazing. It takes some getting used to because apparently it is very concentrated so you have to emulsify it in your hands first and then lather it into your hair. It really does take any and all buildup out of your hair without leaving it feeling terrible and dry. Afterwards my hair felt amazing, had more volume and a light citrus scent. I don't think I would pay full price for this but I would use my Birchbox points to get it. 


Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer   Full size: $45   Sample value:$18
          What: made with avocado and olive oils, this 98% natural cream nourishes and hydrates skin. 
           I always enjoy getting moisturizers and lotions and this one is no different. I have a hard time using facial moisturizers because my skin is so oily. I read some reviews that said people with combination skin had found that it helped prolong their makeup so I decided to use it as a primer one day. My skin was still oily but my makeup did not separate and really stayed put. I'm going to try using this under a primer and see if that works even better. 


Coastal ascents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad   Full size: $24  Sample value: about $5 
           What: versitile range of satiny-smooth shadows in wear-with-anything hues.
            I've though put about buying some of the revealed pallets but I just feel like I have enough eyeshadow. I do like these colours, not something I would think to pick up but I am excited to try these out after my project pan. They are not extremely pigmented but are easily buildable and go on very smooth. 




Bonus item: Emi-Jay Hair Tie   Set of 5: $13  one: $2.60
          What: We've added in this chic hair tie from Emi Jay for all your summer 'dos. 
           This is a cute little green, ribbon style hair tie. I have a few of these type and they are just something cute to add to your pony. 


Total value of box:  $39.48

          I am happy with my box this month, there isn't anything I won't use and most of the items I will get quite a few uses out of. My favourite is either the shampoo or the moisturizer.




Thanks for reading! 
A.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment