Sunday 19 July 2015

Birchbox Canada July 2015




          This month Birchbox partnered with Best Health and along with the usual product card we got a subscription offer for a discounted price. If nothing else the box is pretty and will make nice storage for something or other.


          I am very happy with my box this month and there isn't anything I wont use. I enjoy getting a mix of items, I have a couple hair items, a couple skin care and a makeup item.

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion    Full size $18   Sample value $3
Rich in marine extracts, this paraben-free moisturizer leaves skin smooth, soft and calm.
          I so love getting moisturizers and this one is no different. I have received lotion from this brand before and loved that one as well. Apparently it contains "relaxing sea fennel" That does not mean much to me but it does smell fresh and light. 

Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator   Full size $34  Sample value $5.67
This customer fave mimics the effects of microdermabrasion for glowing smooth skin.
          The best products I have ever discovered from beauty subscription boxes are microdernabrasion scrubs. That is until I received this little guy. I massage a small amount in a circular motion to get the microdermabrasion effects and then when I add water it lathers up like a face wash. I will be using Birchbox points to get this in a few months, if I can wait that long. Love this.

Bain de Terre Argan Oil Passion Flower Color Therapy Styling Oil   Full size $14.65  Sample value $2.25
A lightweight blend of essential oils that nourishes hair and adds megawatt shine.
          This is a hair oil meant for colour treated hair, apparently you can also add 10-15 drops to your hair dye to make it extra brilliant. I typically use foam hair dye but if it is interesting that you could add this to a liquid mix. 

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara  Full size $29  Sample value $9.67
Formula with all-day wear for lashes so long and thick, you may be accused of fakery.
          Of course I have heard people rave about this mascara but never tried it. I love it, it really does give me amazing length and volume. The brush really grabs all your lashes and the little spikes on the end help to get all the lashes in the corner as long as you do not poke your eye out. Certainly in my top five mascaras, my only complaint is that it is a bitch to get off at the end of the day.



Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo  Full size $28  Sample value $7
Hydrating cleanser that uses plant proteins to keep color-treated hair looking true-to-hue. 
          I have heard people complain that Canadians always get shampoo but that really works for me. It gives me a chance to try new shampoos without buying full sized ones and filling my shower. This brand however is not my favorite, I have tried other products from Fekkai and have never been impressed. This shampoo is alright, it did not amaze me but I am always willing to use shampoo specifically made for colour treated hair.



          Like I said I am happy with my box this month, not a huge value but it is all products I will get lots of use out of.

Total value: $27.59


Thanks for reading!
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment