Monday 7 September 2015

Empties #5 September 2015


         This is a pretty large empties post since apparently I have not done one since April. I've also put this one off so so long that my empties bucket is overflowing again, hopefully I can start doing these more regularly so it is not such a chore. I am going to just go though these real quick. Let's just get into it. 


           The first two tubes from Freeman are not actually empty, they are face masks I am not really fond of. I've had them for quite a while and do not feel comfortable putting them on my face. The two packages are sheet masks I got from Ipsy and they are the best fitting face masks I have ever tried and they were packed with serum. Let's just take a moment for this Evian Facial Spay, it's water in a can people and yet I used it all up. I actually used this to spray my beauty blender before using it. Then I have two sample sized facial scrubs. The St. Ives scrub is my favourite exfoiliant ever and the Live Clean is very close to it. The Baléa calming face mask was anything but, it stung and I had to remove it right away. 



          I used up some soaps and other bath products. The Oahu body wash smells exactly like the resort I stayed when I went to Jamaica, it makes me feel like it's acceptable to start drinking at 10am every time I use it. Probably for the best that it is used up. The next item is also from Bath and Body Works and it is the foaming hand soap in Crisp Morning Air and it is the perfect soap for fall, I can't describe it but it smells amazing. 
           I also used up a lavender body scrub, I think this is the second one I have used completely. At first I loved it but I found after a while it irritated my skin so I am not too upset to see it gone.
           The other two bottles are Birchbox samples one is a body wash from Soap Not Radio and it was amazing. I received a pomegranate scent that lingered after the shower and I would pick this up in a heartbeat if I saw it in store. The other is shave cream from Whish, not something that I use often since I love the razors with the soap around them but while I was using a regular razor this stuff was lovely. I would recommend this for someone with sensitive skin, it makes your legs so soft.
         The little cards are from the best bath bombs I have ever come across and I try a lot of them. I used to buy them every time I went to St. Andrews but I found them in a shop downtown and could not be more excited about it. The are made by a company called Garden by the Sea and they have all kinds of bath bombs, the three I tried most recently were French Lavendar, White Grapefruit and Bow Chicka Wow Wow. Each one has essential oils for different ailments or purposes. The Lavendar was for headaches, muscular aches, anxiety and insomnia, the Grapefruit to detoxify the skin, improve cellulite and relieve anxiety, Bow Chicka Wow Wow was apparently a combination of "powerful afrodesicacs" I love everyone I have tried and I have had many of the ones they offer. When you get out of the tub you feel relaxed and all of your skin is so soft that you do not even need to apply moisturizer. Check them out at www.gardenbytheseanb.com


          I sued up some lotion, none of them are really worth talking about except the Perlier White Almond. I got this in Birchbox and loved it, it has such a light sweet smell and absorbed quickly without leaving any stickiness.  The nspa lotion did not have the best formula but smelled amazing, like salted caramel. I wont miss the lotion but I still have some body wash in the same scent.


          I am so sad the see my lavender linens candle go, I only burnt this in my room while I was reading or just trying to unwind. It is hard to find nice lavender candles, sometime they smell like bad, old lady potpourri. I can not really remember much about the pineapple palm grass but I feel like it was a good summer candle. I am rarely disappointed by Bath and Body Works candles. 


          I used up some hair products as well, thank goodness. I have so many and I really want to clear some of them out. I dyed my hair twice one was a brown shade and the other sort of a red brown. I love the L'Oreal Preference Mousse as it is one of the only hair dyes I can buy one box of and have enough. The hair spray was alright, nothing special. I love the Strictly Curls spray from Marc Anthony, it takes my waves and turns them into slight curls and leaves only a lemon scent behind. The Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner samples did not work for me, it left my hair weighed down and gross feeling.




          I also used up some cotton balls and pads. Neither of these were very good but they served their purpose.

          I am so happy to be done with this post, I am not even going to go back and read it before I post it. I have been working on this since July and deleted half of it once. It is done, let us move past it. 


Thanks for reading!
A.




No comments:

Post a Comment