Friday 25 September 2015

Birchbox Canada September 2015


             The box this month was designed based on artwork sent in by two or three subscribers. Birchbox combined them to make this abstract design, they also included the ladies names on the inside of the box which is pretty neat.



          Now the important part is what is actually in the box. I was not over the moon about my samples this month. One product I was very happy to receive, three were ok and one I have already given away. Let's get into it:

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream Sample Value $7.80 Full size $26
          This was one of the ok items, not a very exciting product but I have used it everyday and enjoy it. This is an all natural product that uses caffeine from green tea and unroasted coffee beans to improve circulation and reduce puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. I frequently work 10-14 hour days on not enough sleep so I immediately started using this every morning. I don't use it at night as it says just because I already have so much goop to put on my face before bed. I did find it reduced puffiness right away and soothes my tired eyes. I will use this all up but it isn't something I would go out and purchase.


POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Palette  Sample Value $2.17 Full Size $26 (36 pan palette) 
            I was not excited about getting another eyeshadow but these are beautiful. They definitely have a shimmer/glitter to them but not in a way that you can feel the bits. I was surprised how little fall out there was after I applied them. I had received a similar sample from Ipsy and I liked those shadows from POP Beauty as well. They are very pigmented and long lasting, not something I would wear everyday but for when I feel like being a little more dramatic I will open this up. I think I was not overly excited because I am just on eyeshadow overload, I need to start using up my single shadows.




Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Blow Dry Spray Sample Value $4.50  Full Size $23
          I am just going to copy and paste the description from Birchbox because if I start raving about this I will be writing this post until I get my next box.

"Our quick fix for sinking energy levels? A double shot of espresso. Our go-to solution for limp, lackluster strands? This follicle-stimulating spray that enhances hair’s thickness and encourages natural, healthy growth over time. From ginseng and biotin to b-vitamins and ginger root, the cruelty-free formula is packed with an energizing blend of hair-loving nutrients, plus a secret ingredient (okay, we’ll tell you: maltodextrin, a natural sugar starch) that coats each individual strand to create a fuller appearance."

          I got the same sample in my August Ipsy bag and was almost out when I saw my Birchbox, I could not be happier about receiving it again. I even read, and can attest to, that it has something in it that breaks down oil to make your hair look clean longer. I am all about that. I use this everyday even if I do not blow dry. If you are looking for amazing volume this is not the ticket but it does make my hair far less limp and stringy. The best part is that it does not feel like I have added any styling products to my hair. I will be purchasing this before I run out.

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Liquid Liner in Cobalt Full Size $21  
          I would have been excited about this if it was not blue. I would take purple, brown, grey, black but blue makes me look so trashy. I am just too pale or something to pull it off. I have a friend who can rock blue eyeliner like it is her job so it is going to her. I will say the formula is impressive though, it glides on beautifully, dries almost immediately and I really had to work at smudging it. Next time I need to purchase eyeliner this will be the one I look for, just not in this colour.




TOCCA Crema da Mano Luxe - Hand Cream Sample Value $5 Full Size $20
            I am always open to receiving lotion in my subscription boxes, I prefer to have lots of small tubes rather than the big giant ones I never end up using. I got the Cleopatra lotion, love the names, (Stella, Florence) it just makes it seem extra fancy to me. It is grapefruit and cucumber scented which is a rather odd combo but it works, I like using it in the morning as it is such an uplifting and fresh scent. It is not my favourite lotion ever but I am glad to have it and it does make my hands very soft without being greasy.

           While it is not my favourite box ever I am not complaining. I use the under eye cream and hand lotion every morning, the eyeshadow is gorgeous, I already love the hair product and Melly will look great in the eyeliner. Even though I am giving the eyeliner away I am glad I got to swatch it to see the amazing formula.


Total Value of the Box: $40.47


Thanks for reading!
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment