Monday 25 January 2016

Favourites January 2016


              I do not have the best track record with monthly favourites, I can not remember the last one I posted but I hope to do better this year and at least get one up every other month. I do not want to put up a favourites post if I don't really love the products. These products I love madly. 





            I have had the worst dry, chapped lips. I have been scrubbing them raw and using every lip balm I have but nothing has worked at all. I got fed up and during my lunch I marched over to Shoppers and asked the Beautique lady for the best lip healing treatment they had. She delivered. This has saved my lips, it is meant for severe dryness and made with cold cream to seriously moisturize and hydrate. This is not something I would use if my lips were in their normal shape, it is clearly meant for deep repair. I use it twice a day and before bed and my lips are in much better condition. I can wear matte lipstick again!

            I just grabbed this on my way to the checkout at Sephora. I wanted to try it after I used the hydrogel mask I got in my Birchbox and it was amazing. This is a two step process, the first is similar to those awful Biore strips you rip off your nose but way more gentle. As disgusting as it is there are few things as satisfying as ripping junk out of your pores, I am not ashamed to admit that. Step two is a wet patch that contains serum to tighten and firm. I would prefer of the second match was more of a blackhead dissolving serum but it was still a great combo.

             LIFE CHANGING! This product is absolutely life changing, I am the worst at liquid eyeliner. I gave away all the liquid eyeliner I had because I just could not get a straight line on my upper lid to save my life. The only times I managed it took me far too long. The ergonomic design of this eyeliner makes is so easy to get a straight line, no skipping. Luckily the formula is also amazing; pigmented, glides on smoothly, doesn't smudge, feather or transfer. I just can not say enough wonderful things about this product, if you struggle with liquid liner pick up this gem.

             This is another lip product that has helped my poor dry lips. It is a seriously delicious scented lip balm with oils and vitamins to moisturize your lips. I have the colour Caramel and the formula is very sheer, you really wont get a lot of colour from these but that means you can apply it more often. This might be the first lip product I use all up. I use this instead of regular lipstick when my lips are dry so I still feel like I am wearing some colour.

            I got this as a sample from the Bonjour Jolie Mystery Box and fell in love with it. It is so creamy and lathers for a surprisingly gentle but effective clean. My face was left feeling so soft and soothed, moisturized without any residue or film left behind. I am in the need to a new cleanser and I will be picking this one up.



          Thanks for reading!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment