Sunday 24 January 2016

Birchbox Canada January 2016

           I only saw the contents of my Birchbox a day or two before it arrived and I am glad because I was so excited that waiting would have been painful. This month aligned with the whole New Years resolution thing which, while I don't do resolutions in any serious way, I can appreciate. Let's talk about the products:





            The cover of the box says "2016 The Year of:____________" and inside came these little stickers for you to complete the phrase. Super cute idea and if you keep your boxes it would be a great little affirmation on your makeup table or dresser. I love the colour and pattern so I am sure it will find its way to my makeup area or my office at work.




Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint Full Size $6 Sample Value ~$3 (total guess)
         I had actually just added this to my wish list on Birchbox.ca so I am excited to try it out. I just love mini size lip products. I rarely use a full lip stick/gloss/stain up so I prefer the sample sizes, plus how cute is this? I find with one coat it gets patchy a wears off weird but if you let the first coat dry and apply a second you get a really nice red stain that lasts alright. I did have to do a little touch up after my tea and snack. I think I will try using it under some glosses to give them more colour. The first swatch is one swip and the second is a couple layers.




Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Full Hydrogel Mask Full size $25
        This mask is supposed to hydrate your skin while boosting elasticity and minimize fine lines. For $25 a pop it better be good. Well damn it's amazing, I was not sure how I would like it since I have such oily skin but since my skin has been having a rough time this winter I decided I would give it a try and I was so impressed. First the actual construction of the mask is great, it comes in two pieces so it fits much better than most sheet masks and it isn't goopy or dripping with product. The side you put on your face is a gel as the name suggests and the mask really sticks to your face, I was able to drink a cup of tea and read without the mask moving at all. Afterwards I could not stop touching my face, there was not sticky serum left behind or anything to wash off just soft and firm skin. I have never had a mask work so well.

derma e Hydrating Scrub Full Size $20 Sample Value $5.08
          This product is for normal to dry skin, which I don't have but I love facial scrubs and derma e so I will give it a try. If nothing else I can exfoliate before bed.

gorge* I'll Make You Look Amazing Daily Spray Full Size $40 Sample Value $10
           Normally I am all about the hair products but as I am trying to "train" my hair to not need to be shampooed everyday I have been avoiding using too many hair products so I haven't used this much. I have been using on my ends to keep them hydrated and it seems to be doing a good job and makes an excellent detangler. It smells a little like coconuts and vacation.

Ursa Major Fortifying Face Balm Full size $36 Sample Value $10? 
           This was my sample choice for this month but I was not overly excited about it. The Canadian options for sample choice don't seem to be as nice as our American counterparts. I did find it did a good job of moisturizing without leaving me greasy and did notice my skin felt slightly firmer after application. My makeup went on nicely and it did reduce shine to some degree but I am not about to rush out and buy the full size. I guestimated the value since the sample has no measurement on it.


          Overall I am very happy with my box, I like the mix of three skin care, one makeup item and one hair item. The value this month is $53.08 which is great for a $15 box. I am happy to receive more skin or hair care than makeup for a while since I just decluttered my makeup and want to use up some of the products I have.




Thanks for reading!
A.


(referral link)


No comments:

Post a Comment