Sunday 24 January 2016

Ipsy January 2016



           The theme for the bag this month is "All Eyes on You" The print on the bag fits it well with cute, retro glasses wearing faces all over it. As you would expect all my products were for the eyes so lets dive in.




Peek Beauty Natural Stain Brow Powder Full Size $22 Sample Value $11
           First, how cute is this little tin? I love the packaging. Second, this is a great product. This is in the colour Espresso and is a pretty universal brown shade, it gives a natural look and if you are going for a darker or more intense brow look you can layer it without it looking cakey. Swatch below.
          
theBalm Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner in Jac Full size $17
           I love the Balm products and was very happy to see everyone got an eyeliner from the Balm in their bag this month. I just got rid of most of my eyeliners since many of them were getting old. This is sort of a muddy bronze and since natural shadows are my jam this will go with most of my makeup looks. It goes on smoothly enough and has great staying power. Swatch below.

Klorane Floral Water Makeup Remover with Soothing Cornflower Full size $24 Sample Value $1.50
           At first I was not overly excited about makeup remover as I have a couple samples from Clinique to use up but this is a wonderful product. It effortlessly removes every bit of waterproof makeup without stinging my eyes or making them red. If I can find this in a store I will be buying this when I use up all my samples of eye makeup remover.

Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow in Mink $13
          I have said before that I am over getting single shadows but this one is a beautiful colour, it is a shimmery, metallic shadow but not so dramatic that I can't pull it off for a daytime look. Swatch below.

Hey Honey Skin Care Open Your Eyes Contour Lifting Fluid Full Size $28  Sample Value ~$15
             This is meant to firm skin, reduce fine lines, hydrate and reduce puffiness. I am nearing thirty so I think I will start looking into anti-aging and firming products. as a result I have that checked as one of my concerns in my profile. I have only used this a couple times so I can not really speak to its effectiveness but I did notice some firming and depuffing the couple times it did try it.



Peek Brow Powder, Hikari Shadow and theBalm eyeliner


           I also got a bonus item with my points this month:


Nude ProGenious Treatment Oil Full Size $97 Sample Value $16
           Honestly I only got this becasue I thought it was going to come in a cute little dropper bottle like the Jouer oil I had gotten before. According to Sephora this oil will: 

"Transform your skin with this signature treatment oil of 10 carefully-selected, nutritious plant oils. These replenishing oils—including apricot, meadowfoam, camelina, and macadamia nut—are rich in omegas 3, 6, 7, and 9, and provide essential building blocks for youthful, healthy-looking skin. This precisely balanced formula of nutrients quickly absorbs to provide 24 hours of moisture, improve the appearance of fine lines, and reveal a smoother complexion. Use daily to increase your skin’s natural radiance."

           So that doesn't sound like a bad thing.


           Even without the bonus sample item the total of my bag come to $80 which even with the awful exchange rate is pretty great. I will use all the items and repurchase at least one of them. 

Thanks for reading,
A


Referral link

No comments:

Post a Comment