Saturday 13 February 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

          I am not sure why but I am really into Valentine's Day this year, I do not normally celebrate it at all since it is even more made up than most holidays. No I am not a bitter, single, crazy cat lady; I just think it puts a lot of pressure on relationships and is an unnecessary expense. Beast and I typically exchange cards and small gifts like chocolate or books and then just spend the day together if we can. 





          To me Valentines day, and the days leading up to it, are the only days pink and red match and can be worn together. I am taking full advantage of that and thought I would share some of the products that are putting me in a Valentine's mood this year.




Revlon Set 
        In Shoppers there was a Revlon Love Collection by Leah Goren display and there was a lip colour set I could not pass up. There are three crayons in this set. Sultry and Elusive in Matte Balm and Honey in Balm Stain. I've tried these crayons in the past and have been meaning to give them another shot. I loved Sultry, it was comfortable on the lips and I was surprised by how long it lasted through my morning tea and nibbles. What really impressed me was how it wore off. My main complaint about lipstick is when it wears off everywhere except the very outline of my lips, then I am walking around looking like I walked out of the 90's. Not OK. This, as with any lip product, did wear off in the center first but it almost looked like I had an ombre lip look going on or I had put a lighter gloss in the center of my lips. The other Matte balm is just not my colour, for the most part when I wear any sort of light or Barbie pink lipstick I look like a 90's Vegas Stripper. No disrespect ladies, it is just not a look I can pull off. I will pass this one on to a friend. I can't decide how I feel about Honey in Balm Stain. I was not sure I was going to like the colour but it was sheer enough that it didn't give me the Vegas stripper look but did give me some colour. I think if it was a little more moisturizing I would love it. I will definitely get use out of two of the three products so I am calling it a win.





Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Kayla and Nicole
          While I do not like Barbie pink lipstick I love it in a gloss. I have a set of mini Buxom Lip Polishes that I love to wear alone but also look great over other lip colours. I used this over both Sultry and Honey. With Honey it really brings out the Balm and is just the perfect Barbie pink for me. Nicole is more red and, as with all Buxom glosses, looks great alone or over another lip product. 



Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera
          Whether you are going all out or not going out at all for Valentine's Day I think taking some photos, on actual film, are a great idea. No, not those kinds of photos. I love this little camera, obviously snapping a quick photo with your phone is more convenient for every days use but on holidays and get togethers I like to carry this little guy with me. There is just something more real and precious about having a photo on actual, tangible film.





Essie Nail Polish in Mod Square and Julep Nail Polish in Sheila
           Speaking of Barbie pink here is Essie's Mod Square. What else do I need to say? I also used Julep's Sheila for an accent nail to take full advantage of the pink and red combo I would normally not be caught dead wearing.




David's Tea Sweetheart Collection
         I never need an excuse to buy more tea and I can not resist these sampler kits. You get to try twelve different teas and each little pot usually makes me three of four cups of tea. I love discovering teas this way so if you find one you don't like then you are not stuck with a full bag and it is not a waste of money. Some of my favourites from this collection are Cherry Blossom, Love Tea #7 and Organic Green Seduction.




          I went back to David's tea after picking up the Sweetheart Collection to stock up on Love Tea #7, I figure it wont be around long after Valentine's Day. I ended up getting one of the giant tins that hold enough tea for ninety cup. Damn sales girl was on her game. I also picked up some tea bags in Red Velvet Cake and gave a few of them out as Valentine's to some of my tea loving friends. "This sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun." 



        Whatever you have planed for February 14th, fancy date night, Netflix and Chill or just Netflix with your cats I hope it is magical and to any guys planning to propose: lame. 

Thanks for reading!
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment