Wednesday 24 February 2016

Ipsy February 2016

          I think any month that has a holiday makes me more excited for my Ipsy bag. This month I wanted pink for Valentine's Day, I would be happy if every single item was pink. Let's check it out:
 
 
         First how cute is this bag? I love the cute little pixelated love letter, the pink top zip and the back is solid shiny pink. I'm a fan.
 
treStiQue Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral
Full Size $34 Sample Value $8??
          I am not a huge lover of cream blushes but this feels almost like a powder when it goes on the skin and blends out to a wearable colour. Swatch Below. I am not sure on the value of this one, it is not a lot of product compared to packaging but definitely enough to use for a while.
 
 
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Full Size $15
          There is the pink! I do not normally want to get nail polish in my bags but I love this brand and was hoping to get this. They cover in a couple coats and last quite a while with the right top coat. Would I pay $15 for a nail polish? Oh hells no.
 
Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil
Full Size $42 Sample Value $5.50
          I might get hate mail for this one (just kidding, no one cares enough about my opinion) but I really do not like Smashbox. I have tried primers, eye shadows, mascara and I was either left unimpressed or indifferent. That being said I was curious to try out a primer oil, to me that seems kind of foolish since my face already makes enough of its own oil. I was pretty surprised how well this worked for me. Will I every buy it? No. It did make my makeup go on nicely but it didn't do anything to extend the wear. Like I said I have oily skin so I did not expect much but it was not a horrible as I thought. If you have dry skin this might be something you want to look in to. Just make sure to let it soak into your skin for a while before moving on in your routine.
 
Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion
Full Size $68 Sample Value $8.50
         I could get this in every single bag and be excited every time. This has physical and chemical exfoliants so you face feels so smooth and deep down scrubbed after using this. In studies the majority of participants said their pores looked smaller, skin looked smoother, helped mattify and so many other good things. I can not justify spending $68 bucks on a full size but if I ever came into some money you better believe I would always have this beside my sink at all times.
 
Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal Nail File
Full Size £12 (about $17USD $23 CAN)
           I got a couple crystal nail files from Julep and Immediately threw out all my regular nail files and bought more crystal files as Christmas gifts. It is just so much smoother on my nails and apparently makes your nails less likely to split. If you spend any time at all filing your nails go get a crystal nail file, it is a little more expensive but will last so much longer. This mini size is perfect for my purse.
 
         The value of this month's bag is $46 (using the USD value for the nail file) which is pretty impressive for a $10 bag. Even with the shipping and awful exchange rate I am happy with the value. I will use 4 out of the five items, the odd man out being the primer oil. I already know a dry skinned friend who will love it and I am glad I got to try it out. Overall I am very happy with my products even though two are not items that I would normally want to receive.
 


Thanks for reading!
A
 
@dirty_cupcake
 
 
*referral link

No comments:

Post a Comment