Thursday 25 February 2016

Favourites February 2016

         Favourties posts two months in a row! that has got to be a record! It is sad because it is not far from the truth.


          I have talked about these polishes before and still love them just as much. I was exclusively a gel polish girl until I found this. With the top coat I can get a full week of perfect nails and then another week of pretty decent looking nails. This colour is a favorite this month. Other then my Valentine's Day nails every time I go to paint my nails I end up choosing Perfect Pair. It is just a perfect nude with a hint of pinky brown. I just love it; so elegant and feminine. 

           Originally I signed up with the Julep Maven box because I loved the nail polish. Now I rarely get nail polish, instead I fell for the skin care and makeup. When I saw this new product as an option I thought it would be something I would use and honestly I loved the packaging. The lotion is completely enclosed so very little bacteria is getting in there. Photo below. There were many of us that struggled to get the product to come out. As with anything I googled it and found all I needed to do was hold my thumb over the small circle while pushing the dispenser then release and repeat until product dispensed. This is a very rich cream that you can use on your hands, face and body. I don't normally trust these all in one type product for my face but I had too much on my hands one night and I was so impressed how soft and supple my face was the next morning without feeling excessively oily. For the most part I use it as a hand cream but it makes it a little easier to put on a night cream even on the laziest of evenings. 


             Lip products are my weakness. I had to pick this up to try out when it was on sale. It is sort of a mechanical lip crayon but the tip is very fine so you can line you lips before colouring them in. I found this to be very comfortable on my lips and lasted quite a while, it was not beverage proof but it's so easy to touch up that it's not a problem. I found it wore of fairly evenly as well. Swatch below. 

          I got this in my February Birchbox and was not initially super excited about it but figured it was something I would use. I was impressed with how pigmented, smooth and long lasting it was. I have issues with liner on my waterline running/smudging, this liner did collect in the inner corners of my eyes before it could set but was easy to fix and did not budge for the rest of the day. Swatch below.

           I bought this because I wanted to test out the 16HR kiss proof claim. This lip colour does not screw around. I put this on at before I went to work, around 7am, and it lasted until I left at 5pm. That includes eating twice and at least 4 cups of tea. My lips did feel a little dry after lunch but I just put some balm on top and let that sink in before making my next cup of tea. I only saw a few colours in the display when I bought it but I will be keeping an eye out for more.


L'Oreal, Cynthia Rowley, Rimmel

          Elizabeth Mott makes one of my very favourite masacaras and I was happy to receive a new product from the brand in my ipsy bag a few months ago. Until I started using this I rarely used an eyeshadow primer, I have one from Essence that was like $3 and worked pretty well but I rarely bothered to reach for it. The Elizabeth Mott primer does a great job of keeping my shadow looking great all day and not creasing no matter how long I am wearing it.


 David's Tea Love Tea  #7

             I have a serious problem. I can not walk by David's Tea without going in, which would be fine if I could leave without buying something. I currently have the Spring Collection ordered and will share that when it arrives. In my Valentine's Day post I talked about the sampler box they had out, one of my absolute favorites was Love Tea #7. It is a black tea with chocolate, strawberries and rose petals. I love this so much that I went and bought one of the giant tins that holds enough for like 90 cups of tea. It is chocolaty and fruity at the same time, perfect for a sweet pick me up or a cozy cup of tea before bed.


          I am pretty proud that I have stuck to my Monthly Favourites (two whole months!) and I hope I helped someone discover a new favourite. If I had to pick my top favourite for February it would have to be the tea, it is a serious obsession. What was your number one?

Thanks for reading!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment