Tuesday 23 February 2016

Birchbox Canada February 2016 The Final Birchbox

           Well if you are not aware Birchbox is pulling out of the Canadian Market. When you log on to Birchbox.ca you see this message:



        I am pretty disappointed they have decided to leave us but lately there have been a few Canadian subscription boxes popping up lately that look pretty great.
        Originally Birchbox was going to turn any leftover payments for annual subscriptions into Birchbox points but then changed the message to offer refunds as an option. I imagine a number of people were not impressed they would not be able to get a refund. I do believe you have to contact them to get an actual refund.
       Let's talk about my very last Birchbox:



       Not going to lie I was kind of hoping they would throw a little something extra into the box to apologize for abandoning us but since they are clearly not making enough money in the Canadian market I was not expecting it.

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner in Black
          I was not excited for another black eyeliner but I figured at least it is in a colour I will use. I was so impressed by this eyeliner! Other than a small amount of it gathering in my inner corner (I have watery eyes, every eyeliner on the planet does this) it did not budge all day. It is very pigmented, goes on smooth and may very well be a new favourite.

Number 4 Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil
          Well that is a hell of a name eh? Goodness. I am not over the moon about this product, at the risk of sounding like a broken record I am trying to convince my hair it only needs washed twice a week so hair oils aren't something I am really into right now. That being said I do really like this brand and the oil is very lightweight but delivers some serious shine. Apparently it has all sorts of reparative benefits so I have been putting it in my hair overnight if I am not going anywhere the next day or the night before I wash my hair.

Clean White Woods Perfume
         I am not at all interested in this sample. I don't mind getting perfume samples as long as they are packaged in a way that I can throw them into my purse or gym bag. This has a nice scent that is very natural in a non patchouli kind of way. I cant wear perfume during the week so nothing about this is exciting.

Naobay HydraPlus Cream 
         This "ultra rich face cream" isn't exactly the product I would pick for my oily skin but I love Naobay moisturizers so I was excited all the same. I have not worn it under makeup but I have been applying it before bed and on no make up days. I find it absorbs quickly without making my skin feel greasy or tacky. I am really impressed. I also used my Birchbox points to order the Mattifying Cream which will likely be a better match for me.

Obsessive Cosmetics Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick in Black Metal Dahlia
          I have only worn this once for about an hour and while I really like the colour and I lasted through dinner and tea I can't see myself reaching for it just because of packaging. The full size comes with an applicator but this sample is just in a squeezy tube. I will try it out a few more times but if I don't love it I know I wont put the effort into wearing it.
**Update: this last so long on my lips! I lasted through multiple cups of tea, a breakfast biscuit and only started to fail at lunch. That is about five hours of wear without damage. I might have to use this after all.



         Overall I am kind of disappointed in my very last Birchbox, I did not bother calculating the value of this box as it seems a waste of time since no one in Canada can sign up and Americans get different boxes. There isn't anything in here that really thrilled me. I will use and enjoy the eyeliner, the lotion is alright but not suited for my skin type, the hair oil is something I will use once in a while, the perfume I will likely throw out and the lip tar is nice but inconveniently packaged.  I guess it makes the breakup easier but hasn't Birchbox ever heard of "always leave them wanting more"?


Thanks for Reading!
A.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment