Saturday 2 May 2015

Birchbox April 2015 and How I Ended Up With Two Boxes

           I had gotten a couple gift subscriptions from Birchbox for Princess and when I bought her last one I decided to sign up for my very own Birchbox. I got my shipping notification email on April 10th, now I am the most patient person when it come to shipping and delivery times but when it had not updated at all by the 21st I emailed them. I really just wanted them to check to make sure my tracking link was working but a very helpful woman had another box sent out for me that same day. Of course that was the day my shipping information for the first box finally updated and I got both boxes on the same day. 


          I got the same items in each box. The box on the left is my original box and the pretty one is the box they sent out as a replacement. I guess no one or at least not everyone in Canada got the pretty boxes designed by Rifle Paper Co. I have read quite a few posts where people are saying the U.S.A versions of Birchbox have better samples, have special editions and designes that Canadians can not get. I am happy with most of the items and would call this an excellent box. Let's check it out:





          Most exciting thing first, a Beauty Blender! All new subscribers in April, and I think in March as well, got one. I was only considering signing up but when I saw this promotion it convinced me. I had wanted to try the Beauty Blender but was not will to pay that much for a sponge. I am hoping it turns out to be the magical device I have heard it is. It also came with a solid cleanser and a bottle of liquid cleanser, super handy.

UPDATE: it is magical! My foundation goes on so smooth without getting on my hands and it is so much easier to clean than brushes. I also use it to blend my bronzer, blush and highlighter when I am all finished with my makeup and it just looks so much better. The key is definitely to make sure the Beauty Blender is just a little damp. I told Princess she could have one but I should have kept my mouth shut haha


Harvey Prince, Hello. Full size is $62

           I am glad the perfume samples came packaged like this, with a little sprayer instead of a cap. The description says it has lemon, mandarin, grapefruit forsythia and plumeria. They combine to make a citrusy, fresh floral scent. It is a very springtime, uplifting scent. I know Princess loves this scent and has gotten other products from this line so I will pass one on to her.



Jelly Pong Pong, Glow Getter Highlighter. Full size is $16.50 

         The other thing in the little box was a highlighter gel. Jelly Pong Pong? Really? That is what you are going with. Moving on, I don't know how much I will use this but highlighters are probably the one makeup product I don't have many of so I am glad I will get to try another out. It is a little weird that it is so jelly and that it comes in a bottle with a brush like nail polish. 

          It is a little more shimmery than I think I would like but I will give it a shot. 

UPDATE: I ended up actually liking this quite a bit, use it under my eyes and along my cheeks to add a little light. I do not like it as a brow highlight but I rarely use a highlight there anyway.





Perlier Revitalizing Body Butter in White Almond. Full size $19.50-$29.50

          I love getting little lotions and this Italian lotion is just lovely. It is supposed to improve the tone and elasticity of your skin. It has a very light, natural scent almost like a goats milk soap. It absorbed quickly and does not leave any residue behind, I've already thrown one in my purse.




12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment. Full size is $26 
          
         Double hair products? Yup, sounds good. According the the bottle this spray seals colour, smoothed, repairs, improves texture and manageability, prevents split ends, moisturizers, strengthens, protects from chlorine, wind and sun, prevents flat iron damage, adds shine and softness, protects from blow drying, anti-age formula. Well. Magic apparently. Also it smells nice. The directions say to use before blow drying or swimming which is kind of neat. 



          So other than some serious shipping delays my first box was a success. 


With a total value of almost $60 for one box I am looking forward to my next box but hopefully the shipping isn't as delayed. 

Thanks for reading!
A.








No comments:

Post a Comment