Sunday 10 May 2015

Top 5 Favourites - April 2015

This may look like more than five items but it is a math illusion. I am counting the Marc Anthony collection as one item.



Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Blow Dry Smoothing Cream
          I have never used so many products from one collection and I use each of these regularly. I do have some clarifying shampoos that I throw in the mix once in a while since I have hair that gets weighed down and greasy easily. That being said I can use all four of these for over a week and my hair still does not feel weighed down or like it has a lot of build up. This line says it rejuvenates, moisturizers, fights damage, breakage, dryness and dullness while it protects colour. I can not say enough good things about these products. I was having terrible static issues and the blow dry lotion fixed it immediately and my hair is much less tangled throughout the day. As an added bonus it smells great. 



Menchies It's Bananas Premium Lip Balm
           This is $2 lip balm that Beast bought me while we were getting frozen yogurt because I had a terrible day. It smells/tastes like those candy marshmallow bananas and really does a great job of conditioning my lips. It goes on light enough that I usually put it on under lipstick in the morning and over top for some extra conditioning in the afternoon. Normally $2 lip balm does not have the best ingredients but this one has things like soybean oil, beeswax, grape seed, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, vitamin E and rosemary extract. I am very impressed by this Fro-yo shop lip balm. 



Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 Combination Oily 
          This was suggested by a sales associate at Shoppers for my oily skin issues and she was so on point. I got a trial kit of this, a face wash and a lotion and I will link the haul below. I also love the face wash but I think the toner is what is really making the biggest difference. I was having issues with my skin being oily but flaky at the same time in some spots and I could not do anything with it. No matter what my makeup always looked horrible on top of such blotchy skin. Before this toner I had one that I had stopped using because it did nothing for me and I was not sure if I would ever bother with another one. I will be buying more of this before I run out so I do not have to live without it, I can really feel the difference once I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion. My face feel clearer and the dead and dry skin just wipes right off. 



The Original Beauty Blender 
           I got this in my Birchbox and I only got that at the end of the month but it became a favorite instantly. With a damp beauty blender all of my makeup goes on so much better. My foundation looks more natural and any powder products I use blend seamlessly. I am beyond paranoid that my foundation or bronzer are not blended properly and I have that dreaded foundation line. I love to use the Beauty Blender to blend everything after I have finished my makeup. 



Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation in Porcelain Ivory 
          I have been using this for a while, recently I returned to it after using up some of the other foundations I had laying around and remembered how much I love it. It almost feels like a powder once you start putting it on your face, it give a natural matte look and stands up fairly well to oily skin. I also use the Dream Wonder Powder to set it and the combination really works for me. Anytime some asks me to recommend a foundation this is what I tell them to use.  






Thanks for Reading!
A.

@dirty_cupcake


No comments:

Post a Comment