Thursday 4 June 2015

Haul - Hautelook, drugstore, and Winners June 2015

          I am trying to curb my spending on beauty products with mild success at best, here are a few things I have picked up here and there.

Walmart

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hydrating Sulfate Free Body Wash  $4.98
          To say I like the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco line would be a huge understatement. Every time I wash  my hair I wish I had a body wash in the same scent. I was walking through Wal-mart when I saw this and it literally stopped me in my tracks. Besides argan oil it has a lot of moisturizing and soothing ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, and vitamin E. You can also add it to running water for "an invigorating spa bath soak". I am way too excited over the body wash; unfortunately I have so many body washes that I am forcing myself to put it away until I use up some of my stash. I will be attempting my very first project pan and this will be my motivation and reward.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Ivory  $16.96
          I am still on a mission to try every foundation there is, starting at the drugstore brands and working my way up, until I find my perfect match. This is a demi-matte, 24 hour, medium coverage foundation and my oily skin defeated it within six hours. Based on the description online "The micro-sponge technology absorbs excess oil and shine to create a dimensional matte finish without the need for a heavy or caked-on look" I thought this would be a good place to continue my quest but no such luck. It does go on very nicely for a smooth and natural skin finish but it did nothing to absorb oil or shine. I will continue to use this but only on days that are not very hot, with a setting spray and keep powder close. I will not repurchase.

L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray $14.96
          I had been walking past this in Wal-mart for some time and finally caved. I normally use Model in a Bottle from Made You Blush which may be a local company but I am not sure. Model in a Bottle works wonderfully,I could go to war and emerge from my hiding spot with minimal makeup damage, my only complaint is that it has a very strong smell somewhere between perfume and medical alcohol. The L'Oreal spray is much lighter, without much of a scent and just feels like you are spraying a fine mist of water on your face. Unfortunately it is so much less effective than Model in a Bottle. It is like Model in a Bottle is for special events while L'Oreal is more of an everyday setting spray. I will use it up but I likely will not be repurchasing it. 




Hautelook

Skyn Iceland White Cloud Spot Corrector with Pigment Lightening Complex 
Regular Price: $45.00
Hautelook Price: $19.00
           First of all what a deal! I love Hautelook, if you don't know it is a flash sale website and you can get amazing discounts on everything from home items, makeup, or men's and women's clothing. I got a $600 watch set for Beast and paid about $60 for it. I had been looking into products to reduce redness and acne scars, I have not had a lot of issues with acne but since I am so fair skinned I mark up easily and they do not go away for some time. This comes out as a medium thickness white lotion that is supposed to fight dark patches, age spots, acne scares and uneaven skin tone in about six weeks. You are meant to use this morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizing.  I was noticing some slight differences but not going to lie I sort of forgot to use it for a couple days/weeks so I will not swear by the results I may have seen but I will get back into the habit of using it. I would pick it up if I saw it on Hautelook again but I would not pay full price for it. 

Skyn Iceland Anti-Blemish Gel with Willow Bark
Regular Price: $15.00
Hautelook Price: $7.00
          Another good deal from Hautelook. There is not a lot to say about zit cream but this stuff does seem to work. I have a hard time judging if this type of product is working on myself but Beast had a beast sized blemish and after the first application it was reduced to half its size, after three it was all but gone. I will repurchase this again when it runs out and I would pay full price for it. Luckily Ipsy frequently send out Skyn Iceland products and that usually means a discount code of some sort.

Hautelook

BH Cosmetics 11 Pcs Pink-A-Dot Brush Set
Regular Price: $28.95
Hautelook Price: $19.00
          How cute are these brushes? I am not even mad that I just found them for a better price. I have been looking at buying a couple brushes but it is just so expensive to buy even just the specific brushes not to mention a decent set. I have tried makeup from BH cosmetics before and liked it so I decided to add these to my Hautelook order. If nothing else they are super cute, happily I have ended up really liking these brushes. The brushes are extremely soft and have not shed a single bristle since I opened them. The set includes a deluxe fan brush, powder brush, angled blush brush, classic foundation brush, tapered shadow blending brush, classic shadow brush, angled shadow brush, small smudge brush, tapered eye liner brush, and a lip brush all in a snap closure hard shell travel case. I use both the top and bottom of the case to store brushes on my desk.





Physicians Formula Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory to Fair $17.99
          I picked this up at the Superstore only because it was 50% off and ended up really liking it. This is 100% free of harsh chemicals, parabens and preservatives and 100% natural origin. Being a tinted moisturizer there is not much in the way of coverage but combined with my usual powder, Maybelline Dream Wonder, it gives enough coverage for a casual day. I would consider purchasing this again. It does smell kind of like celery which is a little strange but the smell does not stay long after application.



Winners
Ever notice that you can only ever find anything at Winners if you either have no money or at least should not be spending money? Every time.

Marcelle Soothing Cleansing Water
Regular Price: $17.95
Winners Price: $7.99
          Now, I had convinced myself that I did not need fancy water to cleanse my face but as I was setting it back down Princess said that she has it and loves it. I will admit here on the internet for everyone to read that my sister was right. This is so gentle but removes makeup better than any other makeup remover I have tried. Even after a face oil and cleanser it still picked up foundation when I thought my face was perfectly clean. This product is paraben, oil, alcohol and perfume free. It also works to tone your skin and removes even my strongest waterproof makeup but afterwards there is no irritation or residue. I think this will become my new makeup remover.

Lise Watier Lip Kiss Crayon Gloss in Pink Jelly
Regular Price: $18.00
Winners Price: $7.99
          I need another lip product like I need a hole in my head but there was no passing this up. I have wanted to try Lise Watier products for sometime but was avoiding splurging, I was missing out. This goes on as almost a light dusty rose but as it fades it leaves behind a bright pink stain. It it truly a moisturizing gloss and I am in love, it is not sticky, does not feather and has serious lasting power. My only complaint is that it has to be sharpened. I have not yet had to do so but hopefully it sharpens without any trouble.
Lise Watier Lip Kiss Crayon Gloss in Pink Jelly



Thanks for reading!
A.

@dirty_cupcake.





No comments:

Post a Comment