Thursday 11 June 2015

Julep Maven June 2015

          I honestly meant to skip this month and clearly that didn't work out for me. I had no idea what I was getting, I'd just picked a box and chose three add ons for fun and was going to cancel it but apparently didn't quite get there. So let's just get into it I guess, the photos are terrible because I was too tired to get out of bed for better lighting. 


          As always packed with pretty paper and little paper worms but this time I had a box in a box with only two items from the actual monthly box in the little box. 


          I chose the Modern Beauty Box, I usually do like this box best as it is usually more makeup or skin care and no nail polish. When I first subscribed to Julep it was for the nail polish, it is excellent but I rarely use non gel polishes anymore. I have tried and liked quite a few of their makeup items and enjoy trying everything they come out with. 



Modern Beauty Box




Gel Eye Glider. $16/$12.80 Maven Price in Blackest black and Radient Amethyst 
          "Clinically proven to last for 10+ this easy to use eye pencil delivers the creamy formula and intense colour payoff of a gel eyeliner. The waterproof formula glides on, sets in 30 seconds, and then stays put."
         I was actually really surprised how smooth these went on, no tugging whatsoever. I've only worn the black one on my lower lash line but it did go on so easily and lasted my whole day at the office with minimal smudging. My go to pencil liner is another Juelp pencil, a double ended black and brown so I am sure I will get some use from these. 




Luxe Up Your Lips $24/$19.20 Maven Price in Poppy
          "Enriched with natural ingredients that soothe, hydrate and plump lips, this silky-smooth threatment delivers major moisture with a hint of tint."
          I have gotten the Luxe Lip Treatment in a previous box and really enjoyed it, there are tons of moisturizing ingredients and the metal tip is cooling and soothing on dry and cracked lips. There are eight shades and this Poppy colour is supposed to be one of the ones with more coverage and colour but it goes on very sheer. I will use this but there is no way I would pay $19.2 for it let alone $24.



Add ons

          I had picked three add ons while I was fake shopping, the add ons are a great way to get products that you love but you don't want to pay the full (and sometimes rather high) price. I can not recall the price of these add ons but they are always a good deal. This month if you picked three add ons you got a free gift in with your box. 




Sea Salt Texture Spray $22/$17.60
           "This paraben-free spray uses sea salt water infused with a combination of marine botanicals that provide intense moisture and essential nourishment. The two punch combo protects hair from sun damage while creating ocean-kissed, tousled waves" 
           My go to summer hair styling process is a few sprays of some sort of texture or curling spray and an elastic on my wrist. I just ran out and this was in the add on section, I feel like it was probably about $10 so I picked it up. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I used it once on dry hair and I enjoy that it didn't make my hair crunchy or hard but it smells awful. Like a cheap old lady Kmart perfume, luckily the smell doesn't linger. I also like that it protect my hair against sun damage, the jury is out overall but I'm sure I will use it up. 





Cuticle Pusher $14/$11.20 Maven Price
            This is a double ended cuticle pusher. It's black. Not much else to say about that. I wouldn't pay the full price or Maven price for this but as a cheaper add on I picked it up since I don't have one. 





Nail Decal- small Turquoise Chevrons $6
          How cute are these? I think they were $3 or $4. I have some lilac coloured nail polish that these will go great with. 




Marcy - Bombshell $14/$11.20 in Prosecco Silk (semi matte opalescent)
            Breakthrough Oxygen Technology powers this fast drying, long-lasting nail polish to get nails healthy and more beautiful at the same time" 
           This was a free gift because I choose three add ons. I don't usually wear regular nail polish on my fingernails but this will be a nice colour for my toenails. It's a terrible photo but if you scroll back up to the photo of the lip gloss there is one coat on my thumbnail. It is a "silk finish" and I don't really know what that means but it is matte and looks almost sparkly but there isn't any sparkles in it. Marcy is a very shimmery, white colour and to me it almost looks bridal. I love that it is also good for your nails and dries so fast but I would not purchase this. 


Cost of box and add ons: $40.63

Value: $96/$78


Thanks for reading!
A.

Check out some other posts:





No comments:

Post a Comment