Saturday 18 April 2015

Ipsy April 2015


          This months theme was Beautifully Bohemian, I was really excited about the theme because I was hoping it would be a cute bag and I was so right. It is a woven hemp and  colored paper; probably my favorite bag that I have ever gotten. Once I saw the contents I was not over the moon about this month still happy with my products.



JulieG Nail Color in Damsel (mid-tone pink creme) Full size $3.99USD

         I am never excited to get nail polish, I just prefer gel polish. I did try this out and it covers pretty well with only one coat. I like the colour but I am pretty sure I have a very similar colour from Essie. A good product, just not one I am super excited about.

NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single by theBalm Cosmetics 0.035oz approx. $3.00

         I received the shade "Flirty" that is described as a "shimmering golden violet" and is the first swatch below. A beautiful colour that is not helping my efforts to use up my single and sample eyeshadows. I will use this with my Naked 3 palette and it will be magical.

The Olive Lip Balm by Olive Natural Beauty in Oats and Honey $5.95

          You can not have enough lip balms and I love finding lip balms with natural ingredients. I was expecting it to be thick since it was described as being so moisturizing but you barely feel it going on until you realize it is working. I am glad to have this and it goes great under lipstick or gloss.

Eye Primer by Mica Beauty 4oz $12.48
Full size 14.4oz $44.95
          
          At first I did not care for this product at all because I had just bought a kit that came with a Smashbox eye primer but that one sucked and I gave it to my sister. I hope to get a long overdue haul video up soon and I will link that below once I stop being so lazy. Anyway, this product looks like it will really have some staying power, it is rather thick. I am also going to try it out as a concealer, it has the right consistency to cover the worst blemishes. 
        There has been some drama over this product, some people are saying theirs had mold in it. Mine just had air bubbles and any photos I have seen have clearly been air bubbles. I was impressed because ipsy reached out through email about this. I told them my sample was fine and that I was glad the product had passed all the tests according to the manufacturer. They are still sending me a replacement product even though there is no issue with mine whatsoever and I think that is going above and beyond.

KCO Colors Lipstick in Natural Born Beauty Full Size $8.00

         The photos do not do the colour justice. It is only slightly darker than my natural lip colour so it is a my lips but better kind if look. It goes on smoothly and seems to wear well. I will use this for days I have heavy eye makeup and don't want to go balls to the wall. 




Swatches for eyeshadow, lipstick and eye primer



Sign up for ipsy with my referral link: https://www.ipsy.com/r/1hni





Thanks for reading!
A.

@dirty_cupcake to keep up to date on every post


No comments:

Post a Comment